Security Installer Community

Optima Compact Not Arming

Ish

Hi All

when i put the code in to set my alarm the 'zone 5' light's up and the alam keeps beeping but will not set.

If i walk past the sensor in zone 5 it seem to be working as it lights up as i walk across it' zone.

any other things i can check for?

To get it to work for now i have had to revoce the 2 wires in the control panel for zone 5 and bridge the 2 connections so i can activate my alarm (with no zone 5 working of course!!!)

Thanks

Trying to get my head around that :hmm:

Obviously zone 5 is open-circuit so between the detector and the panel the "loop" is not complete. Could be cables not connected properly at either end or maybe the cable is damaged.

i'm sure i typed 'remove' :oops:

cables are connected properly at both ends so i'm going to see if i can find a damaged cable as we have been doing a lot of diy all over the house recently!!

thanks

To get it to work for now i have had to revoce the 2 wires in the control panel for zone 5 and bridge the 2 connections so i can activate my alarm (with no zone 5 working of course!!!)

Surely pressing 'Omit, 5' would have been easier. :huh:

yes omit 5 would be easier but bridging the connection makes it easier for my family to use

I knew that.

Just amuses me that someone who doesn't know how to operate the alarm has no hesitation in whipping the cover off and playing with wires. :no:

i didn't 'play' with wires. I bridged the connection :rolleyes: and i know how to operate the alarm

Guest James South West
I knew that.

Just amuses me that someone who doesn't know how to operate the alarm has no hesitation in whipping the cover off and playing with wires. :no:

You should remember that we weren't born with a knowledge of alarm systems and if you don't try you never learn. He had little to lose, he worked out it is a n/c system, took the correct action as omitting is a pain to do every time you set the system. He in fact did what most engineers would do on a nightime callout and return next day to find the break. My first test though would be at the detector as they are easy to get to and do go open circuit. Also low voltage @ the detector can cause this problem.

You should remember that we weren't born with a knowledge of alarm systems and if you don't try you never learn. He had little to lose, he worked out it is a n/c system, took the correct action as omitting is a pain to do every time you set the system. He in fact did what most engineers would do on a nightime callout and return next day to find the break.

I realise that. As has been said before, the internet doesn't convey tone of voice and emotions too well so some posts seem harsher than they really are.

Archived