Security Installer Community

Adding A New Pir

Guest Geordie Joe

Guest Geordie Joe

Hi folks, some friendly advice required please. I have an Accenta alarm system (Not sure of the model) and would like to add another PIR to a new conservatory I have had built. I have tried two different tradesmen who either haven

It shouldn't be too dificult to do the job, biggest problem you will have is getting the cable out there and getting a good position for mounting a detction device. There is lots of debate on what to fit, Dualtech or Ultrasonic or shock sensors on the frame etc. I would fit a dualtec generally, depending on whether it will be in direct sunlight or not.

If you have a spare zone on the panel then it will be straight forward to connect to, otherwise you will have to do some modifications to the wiring in the panel.

Without doubt the work you want to do is not dificult but you will ned to know the engineer code to set the zone programming up correctly, if you dont have this code you might be better to get an engineer to do the works.

Guest Geordie Joe
Hi folks, some friendly advice required please. I have an Accenta alarm system (Not sure of the model) and would like to add another PIR to a new conservatory I have had built. I have tried two different tradesmen who either haven

I now just need to find my user guide, if I have the eng code, where do I find out how to do it? Do I just connect the wiring up to the main panel and put the eng code in to reset the system?

Your User Guide will not cover this. You need the Engineers/Installation manual and some knowledge of alarms as it will need reprogramming for the new zone. Also, as the Pro's on here will tell you very firmly, there are mains voltages inside the panel that can kill. :ninja:

For reasons stated many times before, you won't be able to get an Engineers manual here unless you are verifiably "in the trade".

Guest Geordie Joe
Your User Guide will not cover this. You need the Engineers/Installation manual and some knowledge of alarms as it will need reprogramming for the new zone. Also, as the Pro's on here will tell you very firmly, there are mains voltages inside the panel that can kill. :ninja:

For reasons stated many times before, you won't be able to get an Engineers manual here unless you are verifiably "in the trade".

Ok many thanks, looks like I 'll have to keep trying people. Do you keep a list on here of approved engineers?

Archived