Security Installer Community

Newlec Nl5702n

Guest nitestrike

Guest nitestrike

could sumone possibly give me a hand with finding a manuel for a Newlec NL5702N noone seems to know or even heard of this system, ive even tried asking a couple of //.National Installer.// techs i know and they dont even know how to re-arm the system

Send us a picture ?

Its possable that it is a re-branded optima of some sort. :)

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

could sumone possibly give me a hand with finding a manuel for a Newlec NL5702N noone seems to know or even heard of this system, ive even tried asking a couple of //.National Installer.// techs i know and they dont even know how to re-arm the system

Is it a alarm or fire panel :hmm:

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Guest Cerberus NI

I take it you have disabled a zone or something along that lines??

This panel is very straight forward to work on. If you cannot work out what to do without the instructions, you must be very inexperienced on fire panels, in which case you should not be touching it..... We are talking about putting lives at risk here!

Get a proper fire alarm engineer to look it, not just at the panel, but at the whole alarm. I canot overstate the possible serious consequences if you do any work on the alarm and get it wrong.

Take my advise, ring a fire alarm engineer, or say whereabouts you are and someone on here could arrange to do the work for you.

Paul

Not neccessarily the case and a bit condescending to the writer!

Guest nitestrike
I take it you have disabled a zone or something along that lines??

Not neccessarily the case and a bit condescending to the writer!

i havnt touch it myself, but tonight as i came to leave i noticed noone had rearmed it for the second night running and theres noone i can go to, to get it sorted (you see the problem is, its a public hall and im part of a theatre group, now someone in the group has disabbled the panel because we use pyros and they keep setting the system off, now when i come to leave ive checked the system and its still disabled and this propose a problem as the system ment to be active over night, and its been left donw to me to try and sort the problem

the panel is very simular to a fx 2202

Guest Cerberus NI
i havnt touch it myself, but tonight as i came to leave i noticed noone had rearmed it for the second night running and theres noone i can go to, to get it sorted (you see the problem is, its a public hall and im part of a theatre group, now someone in the group has disabbled the panel because we use pyros and they keep setting the system off, now when i come to leave ive checked the system and its still disabled and this propose a problem as the system ment to be active over night, and its been left donw to me to try and sort the problem

I take it you have the access code?

Guest Cerberus NI

Hmmm,put it into to supervisor/access mode by putting in the code then (from memory as Im not standing in front of it) there's a button to go up an access level.Press and hold and it steps up then you press disable until it's at the required zone and change the status.That's not quite it but it's Saturday and I haven't worked on one in near two years!

Im out, didnt realise you could issolate a zone on this panel and i dont understand re-arm. If the building is empty and the system is clearly not monitored (because if it was one would assume a maintainer) its about as much use as well its no use until people go back into the building so why worry.

Customers!

Archived