Security Installer Community

Scan 9751

andyhodson

Hi all

Wonder if anyone knows this one.

I've got a quote to do where the customer wants a phone dialler. Does the Scan 9751 have a dialler built in or am I misunderstanding the blurb? The guy who would know is off sick today and I'm sure we've done it before with this panel.

Also, would this system generally be classed a Grade 1 under the new standards, ie no comms to ARC?

Thanks

Andy

Manufacturer

Hi all

I've got a quote to do where the customer wants a phone dialler. Does the Scan 9751 have a dialler built in or am I misunderstanding the blurb? The guy who would know is off sick today and I'm sure we've done it before with this panel.

Also, would this system generally be classed a Grade 1 under the new standards, ie no comms to ARC?

Thanks

Andy

Don't know about Scantronic, but regarding the grading, the grade will be whatever you deem it to be for the risk. If you are having a non-signalling system then it should really be installed to Grade 2x in order to be insurance approved. Do any professional systems even have Grade 1 equipment? All devices on the system should be certified to Grade 2 IMO.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Don't know about Scantronic, but regarding the grading, the grade will be whatever you deem it to be for the risk. If you are having a non-signalling system then it should really be installed to Grade 2x in order to be insurance approved. Do any professional systems even have Grade 1 equipment? All devices on the system should be certified to Grade 2 IMO.

Thanks Zak,

This is what I've quoted recently, (grade 2x) for simple domestic systems. These householders don't have any requirements as far as an insurance company is concerned, they want the alarm for their own purposes.

Manufacturer

Thanks Zak,

This is what I've quoted recently, (grade 2x) for simple domestic systems. These householders don't have any requirements as far as an insurance company is concerned, they want the alarm for their own purposes.

What are you a manufacturer of if you don't mind me asking?

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

What are you a manufacturer of if you don't mind me asking?

We are electronics engineers and make our own products (fire suppression systems) and sub contract design and assembly for others such as Klaxon signals etc.

We also make a digital shower waste pump, along with other bits and pieces.

Manufacturer

Use the onboard digi and transmit to your ARC

You can then offer the customer Police response or keyholder only.

Im guessing you are approved to fit these systems re Police?

That would be the best solution for yuour client.

Paul

PG Security Systems

Somerset

SSAIB Certificate of Merit Installers.

www.pgsecurity.co.uk

Use the onboard digi and transmit to your ARC

You can then offer the customer Police response or keyholder only.

Im guessing you are approved to fit these systems re Police?

That would be the best solution for yuour client.

Paul

Yes we are approved, although we don't do many monitored systems these days and will probably drop them altogether before very long. The point is, I can't get them to go with anything that involves and on-going cost, some people are just like that.

Manufacturer

Hi all

Thanks

Andy

Fairly sure the9751 does NOT have on board dialer so I would use the 9751 coz its a good solid tool and use a cooper / menvier security model 2 dialer which has "dial in and listen" facility/voice message and text to mobile just fitted one myself and good kit will take up to 10 No's ! dont forget to fit a filter if there is broadband on site!.

Paul.

• 2 weeks later...

Scan 9751 has a built in Modem for ARC connection,

If you want just to put a dialler on a scan then use a scan 9651 it has 8 outputs on a flying lead.

Good Luck!! :):):)

Or, cheaper option is to use the new Gard-Tec CPX, which has onboard Digi & onboard dialler option.

Trouble is, it only has limited pre-programmed speech in it, - you cant record your own messages

Its Ok cost wise, but not brilliant technically, however, it will do the job for less money than a 9751 or 9651 plus a Dialler.

ARJ

A nearly retired previous installer !

Archived