Security Installer Community

A1/Advantage ZX6

Guest nunheadian

Guest nunheadian

We moved into our house 4 months ago. All fine with inherited A1/Advantage ZX6 alarm until we switched off the mains electricity to do some non-related electrical repairs.

The alarm was triggered (inside and out) when electricity was turned off. Every time we have turned off the electricity since then, the alarm goes off. We can no longer use the alarm (codes don't work - nor does the engineer code). Manual unhelpful (to a non-expert) and has no installer details.

It seems the manufacturer has moved/gone under/closed.

1. Does anyone know a good intruder alarm firm in South London?

2. Is it likely to be possible to fix?

3. In the meantime, how can we stop the alarm going off when we switch off the mains - we need to finish some lighting work without annoying our neighbours.

Many thanks to anyone who can help!

matt

... disconnecting it.

Agreed. Any self-respecting engineer wouldnt touch a system like this other than to disconnect it.

Id get it taken out and have a decent system fitted and properly maintained.

We are not in South London, but nearby, in NORTH WEST London :P

We do install in South London however. If you are interesting in upgrading to a new system then please do give us a call - we will gladly conduct the survey. Regarding your faulty panel, it is not something that we would really work on, other than disconnecting it completely, which to be honest, is something you can do yourselves.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Guest nunheadian
We are not in South London, but nearby, in NORTH WEST London :P

We do install in South London however. If you are interesting in upgrading to a new system then please do give us a call - we will gladly conduct the survey. Regarding your faulty panel, it is not something that we would really work on, other than disconnecting it completely, which to be honest, is something you can do yourselves.

Many thanks for all the advice. I think we guessed that this was a DIY system. We'll disconnect the sounder and hope to contact somone for a survey soon!

Archived