Security Installer Community

Ladders on the roof

dave ferguson

I was rushing away from a job awhile back and my ladders were clamped on the car and usually I clamp a small pair of steps on the top of the ladder. but this time I just threw them onto the ladders and drove off site. It wasn`t until I reached the M1 and tried to join the motorway that they suddenly bounced off the rack.

I hit the bottom of the on ramp before I realised what had happeneed. Looked back in my rear view mirror to see my steps hit the car behind. THey then bounced across the motorway hitting a brand new car which the lady driver had just picked up jamming the drivers` door. Them then it bounced over another car`s bonnet putting few scratches on it.

The steps landed in the middle of the motorway lane 3 (all this in rush hour) I ran across the motorway picking up my steps as I went and dumped them on the centre reservation. When I finally managed to get back across the police turned up and asked what had happened I just said it was off my car the clamps must have come free. He just said anyone hurt (no) then said exchange details and sent us off on our way. :oops:

Peter Robinson

Freelance

M:07889038650

In my pick up truck a few yrs back with a 12 ft RSJ propped over the cab to the rear. Delivering it to one of my fitting teams as a base for a set of automatic gates. Halfway to the job i spotted a maccy d`s and felt the pangs of a mcsausage sandwich, pulled into the shopping centre and ripped down 4 signs and took the tailgate off as well.

Quick reverse kick tailgate back on and hope the cameras never saw me, oops :whistle:

cheers

• 1 year later...

Definately been here before. A couple of months into my first security engineer/apprentice role I drove into an underground car park forgetting about the ladders + brackets sticking out on top of my roof. The front of the ladders wen straight into the car park roof/wall. Both brackets broke in half and my ladders were thrown off the roof clipping one of the parked cars. Great start to my new job......... :ranting:

Once I saw this scene... The tech had his aluminum ladders lying down in the back of his van, and then put a 12V 7AH battery in the back, against a ladder. Sort of shorted the battery.... Never seen so much smoke in a while.... :unsure:

nn

Archived