Security Installer Community

Karizma plus programming?

Guest chuck

Afternoon all....having a problem with my Karizma plus alarm if you guys can advise. The system has been turned off at the mains and then re-activated. Once the code had been entered to stop the alarm, an error message has popped up. I have been helpfully advised by Honeywell that they cannot speak to end users only professional installers......

So, can anyone advise how I should start out to reprogram this puppy or is this highly unlikely and should I get someone round to do it for me?

Thanks

Afternoon all....having a problem with my Karizma plus alarm if you guys can advise. The system has been turned off at the mains and then re-activated. Once the code had been entered to stop the alarm, an error message has popped up. I have been helpfully advised by Honeywell that they cannot speak to end users only professional installers......

So, can anyone advise how I should start out to reprogram this puppy or is this highly unlikely and should I get someone round to do it for me?

Thanks

You are most likely going to require the services of an engineer. When the mains is "turned off" the battery back up of the system should support it for several hours. Did this happen? If all was in working order, when mains is re-introduced the panel should continue to work seamlessly. What is the error message that pops up? When was the system installed/last serviced? With mains off, did the sounder ring? If you provide some more info then maybe someone can help, but the conclusion will most probably be that you require an engineer.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

You are most likely going to require the services of an engineer. When the mains is "turned off" the battery back up of the system should support it for several hours. Did this happen? If all was in working order, when mains is re-introduced the panel should continue to work seamlessly. What is the error message that pops up? When was the system installed/last serviced? With mains off, did the sounder ring? If you provide some more info then maybe someone can help, but the conclusion will most probably be that you require an engineer.

I have just moved into the house, so the alarm has been off for approx 2-4 weeks i would estimate (having set it off for 3 hours on the last visit).

The error message is: NVM CHECKSUM FLT

Last serviced: pass

When the mains was off last time the alarm did sound so I am not sure how it was deactivated this time. Though it did sound when I turned it back on at the mains when i moved in and then entered the code to disbale it. The keypad appears to be disabled presently.

If you post your location someone maybe near you, nvm checksum fault normally needs the panel carshing and reprogramming, this usually does the job but have it in the back of your mind it may need replacing as this can sometimes be the case as they don't always return back to life.....

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

If you post your location someone maybe near you, nvm checksum fault normally needs the panel carshing and reprogramming, this usually does the job but have it in the back of your mind it may need replacing as this can sometimes be the case as they don't always return back to life.....

cheers guys. I am SW8 Battersea. Can you recommend any firms in the area (to my email if this isnt allowed on the forum?)

so you are limitted to what you can replace it with (Karizma also obsolete)

Castle Meridian available, Gardtec 595 with id expansion board available.

Not forgeting a texecom premier with id60xp or ts690 id or ts 900 with id node or ade captiv8-20 ect..

Archived