Security Installer Community

ade wireless kits 8rf005/8ep357

Guest micky

hi

i am new to the industry , i have fitted 7-8 residential intruder alarms

mainly ade g3 compacts ,wish to start on my own shortly . I need some info

on wireless systems (residential) ie which are the best and relatively

hassle free systems to go for ,and are the ade wireless kits any good.

can anyone help.

Alright Micky,

I usually install ADE Optima Compacts and Gardtec CP8 for residentials that are wired but have never used the ADE wireless Kit.

The Gardtec 593 with wireless receiver has been the best install so far. We have done around 30 of these installs using this kit over the past year and had no real problems on the fit.

The only real problem is the window/door detectors are on the ugly side but in all this kit has to be the best wireless i have fitted.

If you do fit the ADE wireless i would be interested i what you thought.

I have also heard the Scanny wireless is a good bit of kit.

!

hi

thanks for the reply .

the guardtec wireless systems that u fit , what do they roughly retail at and do

they come as a kit . Also r they straight forward fits and program easy.

Micky,

The system normally comes as a pack with panel,wireless receiver,remote keypad, 4 pir's and a door contact. The only wires that you need to fit into the panel are the keypad and external bell.

Programming takes about 10 - 15 mins which is easy to follow.

As for a price, i can't give that info out as there are to many other installers that could see it :no: but for the money you get a good piece of kit that is reliable.

cheers

!

Micky,

The system normally comes as a pack with panel,wireless receiver,remote keypad, 4 pir's and a door contact. The only wires that you need to fit into the panel are the keypad and external bell.

Programming takes about 10 - 15 mins which is easy to follow.

As for a price, i can't give that info out as there are to many other installers that could see it :no: but for the money you get a good piece of kit that is reliable.

cheers

hi again

just a quickie , the guardtec system (wireless 593), is it best to seek a price through electrical wholesalers or deal direct with guardtec . I have purchased a speech dialer some years ago directly through guardtec . The reason i did was because an alarm installer said that it would take 6-8 weeks to order 1 through the wholesaler , i later realised that he said that to sell my dad his own panel and speech dialler .That way he made more money and did not have to program the guardtec 800 panel which my dad had already purchased.I then got this 800 panel and ordered a dialler for it ,got it the next day from guardtec. Then got someone to install it as i was not in the alarm business then .

( that was a job and a half no one wants to touch em )

Most of the GardTec range are not available through wholesales/trade counters. It is likely you will have to deal direct unless you buy the Eurosec range. As I understand it anyway.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Archived