Security Installer Community

Optima XM

Guest DAL

Hi

I have an optima xm alarm which is intermittently activating both in the set and day modes with tamper being the reported fault. I thick I may have a suspicious PIR which has a loose cover (can come off if knock but does activate alarm) which may be the route of the problem.

Any thoughts with this problem and assistance with replacing the PIR would be grateful.

:hmm:

Hi,

Has the system been serviced recently? The PIR may simply not be fitted square to the wall or the PIR cover may not be catching the tamper spring. This would cause a full alarm when in set mode and an internal alarm when in day mode. You must have had to clear the tamper to reset the panel. Could be battery/battery charging probs.

Suggest you post your general location, and one of the engineers on the site will be able to assist you.

Regards.

Remove cover completely refit and make sure it's fitted ok, your code will reset the alarm, press reset on panel when done. If the pir is beggered then if you want to diy you can get them from maplins but be careful not to short the + - together

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

Archived