Security Installer Community

Help needed wiring vortex bell to pyronix octagon panel

Guest SUZY01

We have just had to purchase a new bell due to our previous unknown bell packing up.

We have purchased the Vortex bell box by Lynteck and are trying to install this unit to a Pyronix Octagon alarm panel that has an RKP contral panel attached and SD1 Speech dialler also attached.

We have entered engineer mode and wired the bell as follows:

Alarm Panel Bell

BA TG-

S+ Hold +

-B Hold -

BT Return

STB STB-

The alarm then sounded for 5 secs as the jumper was in the position for 5 secs then stopped but the lights are continuning to flash indicating bell trigger action. We then tryed bell test mode in engineer mode but nothing. We then tryed to set our alarm to see if the leds would change but still flash as triggered.

Any Ideas?

Thank you

This i think you'll find is a feature of the bellbox and is a deterrant to wouldbe intruders to prove the bell is real, the only way you'd be able to switch them off is to cut them off the actually bell, if you look at a lot of modern boxes you will see LED's flashing all the time. This does not mean the alarm has triggered.

The way you've wired it is correct and i assume the bell is sounding once you trigger it

On looking at the instructions it seems i may be mistaken, not sure quite what bell trigger activation actually means, but the sensible thing to do would be to remove the TG- connection from your panel and see if the LED's go to normal status, that will prove if the panel is triggering the bell or not

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

This i think you'll find is a feature of the bellbox and is a deterrant to wouldbe intruders to prove the bell is real, the only way you'd be able to switch them off is to cut them off the actually bell, if you look at a lot of modern boxes you will see LED's flashing all the time. This does not mean the alarm has triggered.

The way you've wired it is correct and i assume the bell is sounding once you trigger it

On looking at the instructions it seems i may be mistaken, not sure quite what bell trigger activation actually means, but the sensible thing to do would be to remove the TG- connection from your panel and see if the LED's go to normal status, that will prove if the panel is triggering the bell or not

Will try removeing the connection you mentioned but currently we can not get the bell to work when doing an engineers bell test. The manual for the box shows different led flashes for what mode the bell is in but it is not flashing as alarm not armed as it should it is flashing as if the alarm had been set off but with no sound.

Will try removeing the connection you mentioned but currently we can not get the bell to work when doing an engineers bell test. The manual for the box shows different led flashes for what mode the bell is in but it is not flashing as alarm not armed as it should it is flashing as if the alarm had been set off but with no sound.

The box is making no sound when alarm is set off

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KRISS CROSS

using a volt meter find the permanent live and neutral connect them to there respective holds find too switched negatives when in alarmed condition using the perminant live one is switched neg for bell the other is the strobe the one left is the tamper hope this helps by the way the leds do fash all the time so that no one knows if its armed or not.

Guest KRISS CROSS
You want to get your live\neutral and positive\negative looked at Mr Cross. One is AC, one is DC.

not on my meter H+ and H- Doesn't imply ac otherwise it would be nither neg or poss

point taken were i have said live i should have said positive and were i said neutral i should have said negative arn't we the padantic one anyway i hope this helps.

Archived