Security Installer Community

Optima XL6

Guest JasonK

Hi

Struggling a little with an Optima XL6. Engineers code is lost, though I do have the user code. To restore the thing to its default and therefore its default engineers codes I have to remove the wiring from a couple of terminals, link one terminal to another, power up (correct lights go on), remove the link and reinstall wiring to its original terminals (correct lights on again), then put the lid on. Once the unit returns to day, the manual claims that "at that moment the NVm will be cleared and factory set conditions will apply".

This bit doesnt do what it says on the tin, and the default engineers code does not work, the alarm simply bleeps and returns to day.

Is there something I have missed which isnt in the manual? I am certain the terminals I am using are correct, so long as the PCB is numbered and labelled correctly!

Any help would be appreciated

Jason

You are using the wrong terminals , go off the description , not the number , my guess is you are using the 4 zone info instead of 6 zone.

Regards,

:)

Im a little rusty on optimas but IIRC earlier ones had eng access via the user code (prog ->user code, then prog ->eng code), and later ones had eng access direct from day mode (prog -> eng code). The XL6 came along at the time when they made this change.

Archived