Security Installer Community

New Equipment that is going for approval in the UK.

I have been looking at some equipment that will be approved in the next few months regarding alarms and remote signalling.

After receiving a few products from the companys and installed it in my house as a test, i have to say that i was very impressed with the results.

The alarm is a caddx NX4 panel with built in receiver. The PIR's are smaller than your normal wireless and door contacts are the size of a 50p. All have a 3-5 year battery life.

As for the signalling you fit a Transmitter that has its own address programmed in.

Back in the offices we set up an antenna that connects into monitoring equipment that processes the signal for zone 1 burglary, tamper etc.

Since my house is around 20 miles away i was very surprised a radio signal got through. I am not to sure about the signal strength but it could be 5 watts(is this legal?).

Don't get me wrong they are still getting approvals from Britain but this could be one to watch for the future.

The alarm suppliers website is www.caddx.com

The Remote softwares web is www.kpsystems.com

What do you think folks??

!

Thanks for the info.

I was surprised how far the wireless PIR range has. A very good piece of kit and cannot wait for it to be approved in Britain.

Do you use any of the KP transmitters in Africa? I met a guy at the KP stand in Ifsec and he uses the Caddx KP setup over there and was very pleased with it.

!

Archived