Security Installer Community

Adding PIR sensors

Guest sukhaman

Guest sukhaman

Hi, this is my first posting. I have a Scantronic 9448+ fitted into the house i have bought. It only has 3 zones but who ever installed this has only fitted 1 PIR sensor. I have a manual for this and want to have 2 PIR's per zone. So i need to get 5 more PIR sensors, can i get any PIR sensor or does it have to be scantronic? also do i need to power down the whole system? if so how do i do this? thanks for any help!

Any brand devices will be fine. Strongly suggest though that you do not do it yourself, and get an engineer to do it for you. Having said that, you won't find anyone willing to put more than one movement detector on a single zone as it is against regulations. If you get false alarms you will never know which one is triggering (in most circumstances).

If you really do not know anything at all about alarms then you would need step by step instructions, which won't be easy to come by.

I would advise you to contact an alarm engineer to do this work for you.

Here is a list of engineers by police force area.

Beat me to it

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Archived