Security Installer Community

Is soak test recommended?

Guest Matthew Shaw

Guest Matthew Shaw

After I have got my system up and running (Texecom Veritas 8) and programmed (at the weekend in the hours of daylight!!) would it be a good idea to put it on soak test as described in the handbook?

From what I can gather the alarm will not activate (no audible alarm) if any problems are found. How long should a soak test be carried out for to make sure a system is functioning ok. I am going away on vacation in 2.5 weeks time and would like to go away in the knowledge that all is well with my system.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

cheers

Hi Matt

Soak tests do have their uses at times but I would recomend you just put the alarm in service from the word go. Provided you follow the manufactures instructions for installing the devices of the right type in the right places you should be all right.

I might make an exception if the system has signaling but that would depend on what type of signaling and where the signaling went to.

Tip: NEVER tell anyone that you are going away unless you trust them with all your worldly goods

Best wishes

Vince

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

Only make sure you are practising in the right way at the right time for it.

Archived