britops

How is your van stock organised  

45 members have voted

1. 1. How is your van stock organised

• Organised !! its more like a shit tip
    • Cardboard box's
    • Fancy plastic box's
    • Ikea pine shelving with fancy labels

Its ok having an organised van, but how safe are the contents in the back, Years ago I had an accident, I was driving a renault extra van at the time, It had 2 vertical bars behind the drivers seat.

The plastic boxes that were behind my seat were pretty much obliterated on impact and there wasn't a great deal of stuff in the van at the time. I know alot of vans have grills between the back and the cab, but what about the ones that dont, My accident was on the M25 and I was doing about 60 mph at the time.

Its worth making sure that there is nothing loose and free that could fly from the back and end up through the driver or passenger should an accident happen, It wasn't something that I payed much attention to at the time, but I sure as hell do now.

Try to imagine a packet of penny washers flying into the back of your head at 80 mph, now thats gotta hurt! :fear:

Try to imagine a packet of penny washers flying into the back of your head at 80 mph, now thats gotta hurt! fear.gif

Fifth gear did a crash test dummy feature ont hings we carry in the back fro ikea wardrobes right through to tool box loose in boot,including a kitchen sink too. Results were quite frightening at 30mph....especilaly the 9mm allen key lodged in the back of your skull followed quickly by the tool box :bruce_h4h: .

Bri

trade.gif

My vehicle is mildly organised. The boot's tidy but the back seats are a bit sort of random. I could really do with another big van, or an easier job!

On the safety front, on all of my vans the first thing I do is rack them all out with plywood shelves and have a solid and sturdy bulkhead between the contents and me for safety and security. The car is somewhat more likely to see me with something lodged in a part of the body. Another point for the van then..........

Anyone want to buy a car?

• 3 weeks later...
My vehicle is mildly organised. The boot's tidy but the back seats are a bit sort of random. I could really do with another big van, or an easier job!

On the safety front, on all of my vans the first thing I do is rack them all out with plywood shelves and have a solid and sturdy bulkhead between the contents and me for safety and security. The car is somewhat more likely to see me with something lodged in a part of the body. Another point for the van then..........

Anyone want to buy a car?

my van is organised,so that i can find what i need, on the day that i need it, so the wife says.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

In the back of mine I have two Raco draw sets, each one has three large draws and I have labels stating what lives in each, Sad or what.

The rest of the space is taken up neatly by my tool box, fixing tray and two drills.

It works well for me as I can find things without any problems, however the back seat is a different matter with 100m 1mm 3c flex sitting under a fleece, high viz coat and a pair of riggers for the muddy sites.

I keep the plastic boxes Videx comes in to store all the paper work I need, so I have four of them in the rear footwells. :)

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

Archived