Security Installer Community

Express email problem

Smart Electrics

Help PLEASE :hmm: . this is one is for you IT blokes. I have a customer who didnt have a good AV software (Basicly the licence had run out) So changed to Avast AV Pro, all was ok exept the client can no longer print from email onto the network Printer. Has any one got any ideas. The printer function works on all the other programs and prints ok its just Email. Ime going back tommorow to see what els it can be. This problem is on the other 5 PCs. banghead

When clicking on print, and the print dialogue box pops up is it not possible to click on `find printer` button and search the AD for the networked printer?

Was it Norton AV?

Trade Full Member

I have had a problem with avast with logging on to internet sites it blocks em all, i've deleted it cos I had to disable it to get searching.There must be something in the code to help you out, I havent had the time to explore it. :no:

Bri

trade.gif

See this:

Programs that require in-depth access to the operating system,(such as Anti-Virus and System Utilities) don't always uninstall completely, and can cause system instabilities. If you're running Windows 2000 or Windows XP, use the system file checker to search for corrupted. Log into the system as Administrator, and simply click Start > Run and type "sfc /scannow" without quotes. You may need to provide a copy of the original installation CD, and a copy of the latest service pack installed on your system so corrupted files are replaced with the latest versions. If this fails, you should try doing a repair installation using your startup disks.

71053[/snapback]

Trade Full Member

Hmmm, Norton you say, that's not a good start. :no: What OS is it? If it is a stuffed installation\uninstallation effort then maybe a second option repair is in order? (By which I mean on Win2K and XP booting from the CD, running through the agreeement etc... and selecting 'Install Windows' at the first option of doing so then further on selecting 'Repair Windows' at the second option). I've used that method in the past to fix some strange faults.

Usual precautions apply, back up important files first etc... This could cause your life to end etc...

Archived