Security Installer Community

"video tardis DVR"..Planet ,Q??????

jizzer

I have had a look at the Video Tardis dvr Model CCT722 as sold by system Q (Planet)

It seems to do what I require namely...

1.Want to mount the unit in the loft and network to a pc and control from the pc also back up to PC

2.Motion detect

3.4 cam input

4. External alarm inputs

5.One audio in

I am a little unsure as to the frame rate it says " 25 FPS over 4 channels"

Does that mean if I record in Quad do I get 25 frames each channel or just over 6 fps per camera? If it is the latter is 6fps acceptable for good quality images.

Also if you record the image in quad can you select one image and view in full screen?

Anyone have any comments over this piece of kit or could reccomend another dvr

with the features I need or indeed any other "useful" features I have not thought of.

Thakyou

cct722unpriced.pdf

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Lee Tracey
I have had a look at the Video Tardis dvr Model CCT722 as sold by system Q (Planet)

It seems to do what I require namely...

1.Want to mount the unit in the loft and network to a pc and control from the pc also back up to PC

2.Motion detect

3.4 cam input

4. External alarm inputs

5.One audio in

I am a little unsure as to the frame rate it says " 25 FPS over 4 channels"

Does that mean if I record in Quad do I get 25 frames each channel or just over 6 fps per camera? If it is the latter is 6fps acceptable for good quality images.

Also if you record the image in quad can you select one image and view in full screen?

Anyone have any comments over this piece of kit or could reccomend another dvr

with the features I need or indeed any other "useful" features I have not thought of.

Thakyou

It means 25 global and that means divide the number of channels you will actually use into 25. In reality you will probably get about 5 per camera over a 4 camera DVR. The image rate ( they call it frame rate ) has nothing to do with quality. You need to know what the recorded resolution is QCIF - CIF, 2CIF - DCIF or 4CIF.

Lee Tracey

Hi, what the unit does is divide the frame rate by the number of cameras... if you have one cam then it will record or 25 fps.. whereas with 4 cams it'll be 6fps, if you watch a timelapse vcr it'll give you an idea of fps.. the lower the number the more of a timelapse view you'll get... ie slow motion... frames per second speak for itself, video tardis looks good for the money, haven't used one yet but have quoted for a system which has been accepted and will be installing it within the next 2 weeks, by the way have you seen the new one with onboard monitor.... again not the best on the market but pretty reasonable for the money

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

Hi, what the unit does is divide the frame rate by the number of cameras... if you have one cam then it will record or 25 fps.. whereas with 4 cams it'll be 6fps, if you watch a timelapse vcr it'll give you an idea of fps.. the lower the number the more of a timelapse view you'll get... ie slow motion... frames per second speak for itself, video tardis looks good for the money, haven't used one yet but have quoted for a system which has been accepted and will be installing it within the next 2 weeks, by the way have you seen the new one with onboard monitor.... again not the best on the market but pretty reasonable for the money

Yes maverick I have seen the new one with the screen can't figure out where the door catch is to "warm my pie up" it does double as a microwave oven doesnt it? :P

I have seen the new one with the screen can't figure out where the door catch is to "warm my pie up"

You need to use a screwdriver and some brute force. ;) Takes a while to cook the pie from frozen though, I ended up having a meat and potato ice lolly as I couldn't wait any longer for the thing to cook.

Archived