Security Installer Community

Old Vertias Security Control Panel

Guest shore

We had alarm fitted in 1998, have got the user guide but no installation/engineer type manual. Have to get alarm fixed as it keeps going off, we had extension built and need to relocate one of the sensors. Engineer wanted engineer code, have no idea, anyone out there can help, I would appreciate. thanks. :(

Suggest you make note of the panel model and find an engineer who knows it.

As Lurch said, the engineer should be able to make those modifications without the engineer code if he does not know how to default the panel.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Even so, a competent engineer shouldn't need his\her customers to trawl the internet trying to find out how they should be doing their job. :whistle:

70240[/snapback]

I was going to say that but presumably the engineer doesn't know. Also, perhaps in this case the client just asked A N Engineer if he can do the work and the engineer simply said "do you know the engineers code".

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Possible I suppose, waasn't 'having a go'!

70245[/snapback]

I didn't mean that you were :no:

Also, he did mention the Veritas in his title which I didn't notice. SLAP.

Hello Everyone, thanks for all the responses. The engineer I found was not the one who installed it. Apparently we had some sort of electrical spike and it reverted to factory settings which was why our code did note work, he has reset the alarm, but he asked about a code to enable him to reset parts of the alarm. Initially I went to a fully fledged company who came and inspected the system and told us the whole system needed replacing as we were unable to stop it going off etc. At least when this other guy came around he knew immediately what had happened and reset it for us, so much for taking our business to a bigger company. I was v. cross when I found this out, we nearly paid £hundred's to have bits done that were not necessary. :hmm:

Archived