Security Installer Community

Goldstar/Exicom GSX 1832/3672 help needed

Guest bbm

I have this phone system at a site I work at and I've been asked to find out information about it and hopefully how to program it.

Is there any specific information on how to manage this phone system? I need to know how to add/remove bars to outgoing lines, reprogram handset phone numbers (Exicom/Goldstar GSX 33) and any other information if available.

Thanks in advance!

There is someone about who knows something about LG\Goldstar PBX's, not sure who he is exactly, what exacxtly he knows or whether he still reads the forums though.

You might like to try here too.

• 1 month later...
There is someone about who knows something about LG\Goldstar PBX's, not sure who he is exactly, what exacxtly he knows or whether he still reads the forums though.

You might like to try here too.

Thanks Lurch,

I have just registered on that forum, awaiting my confirmation email to activate my account.

I'll post up further information that I've googled and somehow stumbled upon that works with this phone system. Hopefully it will help someone else who's in a spot of bother in the future :)

Found on this page: http://web.ukonline.co.uk/freshwater/goldstar/gsx408.htm

Has some info on a different phone system but all the programming codes appear to work.

So far, playing around with it, I've discovered that using the *7764 code gets you into programming mode from station 100, hit FLASH and the code you want to program.

Now I've found differences in station ID's, the station that cannot dial out is 106 and it has the following status in Option 40:

sta 106 A DND SPD QUE FWD

Compared to a station that can dial out,

sta 101 A PAGE DND SPD QUE PLA FWD

I can activate various other functions by pressing the top line buttons, then it seems like when you're happy with the functions, you press HOLD which seems is meant to save the settings. The settings remain, even if you press FLASH and go to a differnet option, then return to modify station 106. The problem is the settings dont get saved when you exit programming mode, either by pressing MON or picking up and placing down the handset.

Can anyone offer any more advice based on this info?

Thanks again!

It appears the phone is identical to an Executone or Encore pabx system. I could be wrong though...

• 2 years later...
Thanks Lurch,

I have just registered on that forum, awaiting my confirmation email to activate my account.

I'll post up further information that I've googled and somehow stumbled upon that works with this phone system. Hopefully it will help someone else who's in a spot of bother in the future :)

Found on this page: http://web.ukonline.co.uk/freshwater/goldstar/gsx408.htm

Has some info on a different phone system but all the programming codes appear to work.

So far, playing around with it, I've discovered that using the *7764 code gets you into programming mode from station 100, hit FLASH and the code you want to program.

Now I've found differences in station ID's, the station that cannot dial out is 106 and it has the following status in Option 40:

sta 106 A DND SPD QUE FWD

Compared to a station that can dial out,

sta 101 A PAGE DND SPD QUE PLA FWD

I can activate various other functions by pressing the top line buttons, then it seems like when you're happy with the functions, you press HOLD which seems is meant to save the settings. The settings remain, even if you press FLASH and go to a differnet option, then return to modify station 106. The problem is the settings dont get saved when you exit programming mode, either by pressing MON or picking up and placing down the handset.

Can anyone offer any more advice based on this info?

Thanks again!

It appears the phone is identical to an Executone or Encore pabx system. I could be wrong though...

Class of service is stopping you from dialling out

Allcomms

www.allcommstelecom.co.uk

Archived