Security Installer Community

The real problems with Wireless

Guest heliart

I do intend to get a quote from a couple of local companies for a wired system, but it's typically a hit and miss process in choosing from the yellow pages. Also, I have no idea what a benchmark installation figure would be.

Am I looking at £500, £700?

66570[/snapback]

If this is the figure you are looking at, then get a professional company in to give you a quote, and you should be able to get a good system (wired) for that amount of money unless you live in a castle.

http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/secu...lice_area.shtml

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

I have read your posts and interactions with other members with interest, but you can't keep saying the same thing over and over again. In the UK, wireless is a growing market. You are not in the UK. You also have only installed 2 wireless systems.

We are not talking about sticking wireless in a Grade 4 building - these are standard residences. If Class VI is accepted by the Police and insurers then it will continue to be used here.

As much as I'd love to sell Redcare GSM with every system, the cost is prohibitive. Again, how many tel lines get cut before or during a burglary? Security is always about compromise - balancing between cost, restrictive life style and risk.

66584[/snapback]

and as i said i might have to go to hell after i die because of those two installed wireless systems.. MAYBE EVEN TWICE!!!

A thought that keeps me calm is that some other b******** has to go there until they stop reincarnating.. buhahaHahaHAhaHAHaHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa*****...... .

So when police shoots innocent brazilian every one should shoot one..??? okay okay he didn't have a visa but as said before half a pound of lead and nickel is bit too harsh for that..?

Yeah, if you want to compromise with your security you can as well leave your childs seatbelts loosen, change your SAAB/VOLVO to japanese carbage can and leave your door open (for the case you loose your key when going to get poisoned in the bar)

Watch the language despite the spelling

I have read your posts and interactions with other members with interest, but you can't keep saying the same thing over and over again. In the UK, wireless is a growing market. You are not in the UK. You also have only installed 2 wireless systems.

We are not talking about sticking wireless in a Grade 4 building - these are standard residences. If Class VI is accepted by the Police and insurers then it will continue to be used here.

As much as I'd love to sell Redcare GSM with every system, the cost is prohibitive. Again, how many tel lines get cut before or during a burglary? Security is always about compromise - balancing between cost, restrictive life style and risk.

66584[/snapback]

Well Said Zak, Technology changes and as you have said there are flaws with all systems, you can limit their effects.

Georg, your entitled to your opinion mate, but change the reccord, you need a wider exposure to current wireless equipment, in order to make a full and fair opinion of the product at this present moment in time.

Well Said Zak, Technology changes and as you have said there are flaws with all systems, you can limit their effects.

Georg, your entitled to your opinion mate, but change the reccord, you need a wider exposure to current wireless equipment, in order to make a full and fair opinion of the product at this present moment in time.

66650[/snapback]

Wireless technology is still vulnerable to jamming which is eeeeeeeeeeeeasy.

It COULD be possible to make reasonable wireless equipment (ie. spark radio system as far as i understand would be quite reliable because jamming that will cause already so much trouble that jammer would be located very fast) but i haven't heard that any manufacturer is going towards better systems. just the same goo in different package.

Guest IM_Alarms

You would'nt dream of having a wireless (portable)radio in your car, or portable TV in your house, so why do people think that a wireless alarm is any comparison with a wired version. The design brief for any portable electronic device is all about saving battery life first and performance second is'nt it? :ninja:

The design brief for any portable electronic device is all about saving battery life first and performance second is'nt it? :ninja:

67248[/snapback]

battery life HAS to be taken in consideration when you design a wirefree equipment.

Archived