Security Installer Community

External Bellbox

Guest jonburton

Guest jonburton

Hi,

I need a little help with regard to adding a bellbox to my alarm system.

I live in Spain, and the system was installed by a national company called Prosegur when the house was built. They do not generally install an external bellbox - instead they prefer you to connect the alarm to their central monitoring station. We have chosen not to do this and would like to add an external bellbox instead.

The control panel is a Solution Ultima (Bosch, Detection Systems?).

Can you recommend a good bellbox (and where to buy it from) and also explain how easy they are to install? I have a little bit of experience in the past of installing DIY wired alarm systems but that is about it!

Thanks in advance,

Jon.

Hi Jon,

I noticed in my recent trip to spain that there are a few Pyronix "belle" box's out there, so im assuming their must be a supplier importing them to the Spanish security market. The Belle's are fairly good bell boxes, just remeber to place the bolt in the cover before you screw it to the wall. They are not that difficult to fit, just 5 wires! You should be able to pick one up from the local electrical wholesaler... now if I can remeber the name of the one I found in Madrid I will send you their details.

Dale

I have emailed you a connection drawing, but once have chosen a sounder, we can advise you further. But unless you wire it correctly the bell show a constant tamper. At least with the drawing you will be able to deciede on whether you will do the job yourself, or get an alarm engineer to it.

Colin.

Guest jonburton

I've chosen a bellbox from a company called lynteck (www.lynteck.co.uk) as sold by maplin. The model is Vortex (MED0007).

I don't know if its any good or not - but Maplin seem quite good because they offer an international delivery service.

I'm not too interested in the tamper functionality as it is going to be mounted on the top terrace of a detached villa - well out of reach!!

So really it'd be great if you could give me a few pointers for the connection.

Thanks again,

Jon

Guest jonburton

Hi everyone and thanks for your input,

I received the bellbox today and it has the following connections. I'd be grateful if someone could enlighten me as to what each connection does in order to connect to my alarm system (Solution Ultima) :

2 jumper switches: One for SAB or SCB, another for Return EXT or Int ??!

8 Connectors, labelled:

Return

Strobe -

TC -

Hold -

Hold +

BTI - (This goes to the negative of the battery)

BTI +

BTO (This goes to the positive of the battery)

Thanks once again,

Jon

Archived