Security Installer Community

best alarm equipment

Guest jaycadle

Guest jaycadle

Hi everyone, i recently was burgled :unsure: and ive been advise by my isurance company to install an alarm. i have had a few quotes from local ferms, but there all £700+ is wodering where i could get myself some equipment and 'do it myself' withoutusing a 'DIY' system, not top notch apparently! so all i need to do is get my hands on a set of equipment for about £200 pounds i dont know, i maybe pushing it, but does anyone know f ay good UK sites that i can get my hands on some easy to install, and preferably in-expesive alarm equipment. I have a friend whos a shop fitter and knows how they allgo together but i owe him favours, not the othr way round!! also if anyone knows of any installers in the sussex area which arn't expensive, id like to know there names!!

cheers

JAY :rolleyes:

jaycadle88@aol.com

If your insurance company have reccomended that you have a security system fitted then it is unlikely that a diy system fitted by your mate will suffice and would affect your premiums.

You have to remember you are not just paying for the equipment and labour its a whole package and if it doesn't work will you be covered by your mates insurance.

These two people both give help and advice on this forum and are in your area, so they should be able to help, tell you got there details here:

Wakefield Fire & Security contact: Peter James 01903-823033 or 08454565977

Defensor Security contact: Steve 01243-543430.

If you set on a diy system then you could try TLC electrical distributors or CPC.

Colin.

I agree with Colin, whilst "DIY" seems the cheapest option, you can't guarantee that the alarm will go off in the event of a burglary. Whereas a lot of the people on here state their reputation on the alarm they install performing to specification.

Dale

Steve at Defensor is well worth calling.

I wouldn't DIY if I were you (not looking after the interests of fellow installers!) - insurance company may get funny if you're burgled again.

Are you aware of the BS or EN standards?

Good Luck

Steve Kendall

Plymstock Security Systems

CCTV, Intruder Alarms, Security Lighting & Access Control

Covering Plymouth, Plymstock, Plympton, South Devon and South East Cornwall

Get it installed by a reputable company, or at the very least by a qualified alarm engineer.You might install the system yourself and think its hunky-dory,chances are it isnt.An engineer will make sure everything is 100% before walking away

Archived