Security Installer Community

Horror in the US

Guest tiggerkev

I have to say that I am SHOCKED by the standards of installation over here in New Zealand, and less than impressed with the quality of equipment too.

The vast majority of the panels are un-tampered, the outside sounders are untampered (and not battery backed-up), the detectors are all wired single-EOL. Keypads - untampered.

I had training this week from the local DSC rep, and he advised that when installing DSC wireless over here, the jamming-detection should be DISABLED because the system is on the same frequency as "Commonly-used-transimtter-x" which shall remain nameless for obvious reasons! Every time customer uses this transmitter, the panel detects a frequency jam!

They do not use M/C to detect entry, and rely on the first PIR to start the entry delay.

In all, I am horrified with what I have seen!

I have to say its suprised me the quality of installs abroad. All the time, money, training, arguing, moaning swapping from a decent BS to EN and it seems other countries you would have thought where equal to ours technically dont give 2 tits.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Its our roll over and die attitude to new rules and regs from Europe is what the problem with this country, we should be more like the other members of the community, ignoring moronic rules that just cause us grief

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

Its our roll over and die attitude to new rules and regs from Europe is what the problem with this country, we should be more like the other members of the community, ignoring moronic rules that just cause us grief

66038[/snapback]

*QFA

Well, ditto is Latin for 'the same as', it's not actually an abbreviation for anything. The abbreviation for ditto is do.

Sorry for being pedantic. ;)

Archived