Security Installer Community

Problems registering LG DECT handsets on GDK WTIB

Guest jpsc

I have a GDK 162 WTIB board in a GoldStar GDK-70+ system (which seems to be a cut down GDK 162 or 186, same backplane just 7 slots).

The board was supplied with the system, but seems never to have been used - there was no base station attached.

I have added a GDC 330b base and the handsets seem to see it, with the system off I can't start the registration process, with it on, I can.

I have a manual for the handsets "GDK-162/100/FPII/20W & LDK-300 WOTS Wireless Terminal User Guide MODEL : GDC-335H (GAP)" but no programming manual for the system.

Following the instructions in the 335h handset manual I get to the point 'ENTER AC', after defaulting the PARK code.

According to the manual "Authentication code is entered at only attendant station, before you begin to subscribe... You should get AC and PARK from a system manager."

The system software version is "LGE/GS86P-E.0De NOV/97" the PGM # # menu "WTU (DE)SUBSCRIBE PRESS FLEX BTN 1-12" doesn't have an AC CODE setting, the functions are:

flex-1 WTU SUBSCRIBE

flex-2 WTU SUBSCRIBE ENABLE

flex-3 WTU SUBSCRIBE DISABLE

flex-4 WTU DESUBSCRIBE

flex-5 WTU USER AUTHENTICATE

flex-6 WTU PIN CONFIRM

flex-7 SYSTEM ID:

flex-8 WTIB SYSTEM ID DISPLAY

flex-9, flex-10, flex-11, flex-12 don't exist

None of the above allow me to set AC, I am wondering if the software I have is compatible with the handsets. In particular the handset guide describes using PGM # # flex-1 and entering a handset type, my system prompts PORTABLE ID at this point, and although I think this is the IPEI inside the 'phone, entering it does no good, I still get SUBS FAIL.

The handset guide also describes setting a password of 5 digits (using PGM 4 5) which it describes as authorization code, but I think that is different.

• 1 year later...

Archived