Security Installer Community

Premier 816

Guest Narry

Now that I have wired my control panel, I am having difficulty getting to the programming menu.

I have at the moment 5 PIRS and one door contact and 2 keypads wired. 1 keypad is the standard R8 remote keypad (8 zones yellow LED) and the other is Veritas Excel Remote Keypad (smaller LCD panel display).

All I am getting on the LCD keypad is the LEDS going thru sequence from power to Unset to Tamper and back round again through same sequence.

On the control panel, there is a red LED flashing on and off just near the transmit connector.

Any attempt to press any key on the keypad produces a tone and the display shows the key I pressed. When a press 1 display shows the number 1, when I press Full, display shows full and so on. Keys seem to have no effect.

What I have done to trouble shoot so far is disconnect keypads, connect the LCD keypad using new cable into the Control panel. Checked the all the connections on the control panel, Changed address on the keypads and checked the voltage at the keypads. All as per the manual, but with no luck.

Can anyone help?

Archived