Security Installer Community

alarm cables - where?

Simon_D

This was discussed in the trade section not too long ago. Jeff summed it up quite well if I remember correctly.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Whistle!! To be fair I think we know each other on here by now. Now as a former yellow hex installer on 2 employments with them, and after working for other locals and nations before now finally going it alone the above comment you made really sucks!! Cowboys don't run ontop of the boards under carpets.... that's well out of order.... I know many companies, have worked for many companies and personally use this method myself.... and also used it and was shown it with yellow hex.... so unless your wanting to call all of your fellow employees cowboys as well and suggest that anyone who has them in would be employing cowboys then just hang on a min....

If you want to take boards up then fine.... if you don't then fine.... it all depends on the situation as everyone is dirrerent, just because the muppets you work with can't use a staple gun properley doesn't mean the rest of us are cowboys...... people in glass houses an all.

You've proper peed me off with this comment and I'm sure a few more will be angered by it.

On my installs you will hardly ever find a cable on show, the installs you will find are to the highest possible standards and I won't have anyone suggesting that I am the above! :realmad:

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

If you want to take boards up then fine.... if you don't then fine.... it all depends on the situation as everyone is dirrerent, just because the muppets you work with can't use a staple gun properley doesn't mean the rest of us are cowboys...... people in glass houses an all.

The above should be highlighted as someone elses quote!!!

Its an interesting point that the use of staple guns with the main nationals was considered the method of cowboys due to the fact that if you dont seat the gun correctly you could fire into the cable causing major fault finding problems later also if the area became damp the staple would corrode and cut into the cable, if how ever plastic clips were used neither of these problems would occur I personally wouldn't get my knickers in a twist about one method or another but I would calmly and politely state my opinion for others to consider right /wrong or indifferent! Paul :yes:

Archived