Security Installer Community

Optima 2 Plus problem (shows a a)

Guest bigal

Guest bigal

Hi, Just found this forum and thought it was worth a try, i know this alarm has a track history of "degrading with time" and other such problems, but it looks well made and i hoped there may be some chance of sorting it (or else i pull it apart for supplies).

I got this alarm at a car boot sale (usual story) but it came with 2 bell boxes, 3 PIRs (with Microwave) and the keypad for the alarm - even receipts, quotes and service history (good deal for £5 lol).

anyway, i have tried to bench test the alarm (all zones / tampers looped out and tamper spring ceremoniously taped down) but all it seems to do is display a "a" and beep whenever i press a button, no change. I am also unsure about the "Digicom" outputs, is this for some sort of dialler? do they go high when the event is triggered (they are labelled "Mon", "PA", "Fire" and "INTR").

i am pretty much ok otherwise, i have played around with alarms alot in the past, even managed to swindle engineer instructions for two previous Optima (version one) alarms, but these had no 7 seg display and were very different from this. It is 100% impossible to find this alarm on the internet, except this forum which makes it 100x harder again to find an engineers manual for it, anyway thanks for reading and if you have any info on programmign this alarm, it would be gratefully received! :yes:

If that is displayed it means there is a PA (Personal attack) fault, the pa connections may need linking together in the panel. PM Sent.

"a" for attack, on the pcb you'll find pa circuit, link it out and try again. As for programming it's a different book than your other if they weren't 2+'s, quite an old system now but still 100's out there, I look after 2 and they're not bad and haven't had any callouts to them, a reasonable panel but not all that flexible, ok for a basic system though. As for engineer manuals, as you said you understand we can't hand them out on here for one reason or another but someone is selling them on ebay much to this sites dicrace!!! But in your case it may be worth a try as you seem to have an idea of what your on about, good luck

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

Archived