Security Installer Community

Security Guards

The Arab

We had one the other day, the MD of a firm we installed the alarm for complaining that the system has not worked since day one, asked him what the trouble was and hes ranting down the phone useless we want a new system, now his system is a big industrial with 127 circuits, i replied what its not worked since day one, hes says yes and i can set it. It got a bit heated on the phone and i said just put your code in, he does this and says the keypad says 3 zones open, i say that right, so he goes one saying i have shut the door and stood outside of 2mins and the system will not set, now iam thinking fault on the system, so i said have you locked the door, no i have just pulled it shut, well do you know that you have to lock the door, when very quiet OH.

Just while your on the phone, if the system has not worked since the day it was installed why has nobody reported it and by the way you locked up at 17:50 last night, very quiet on the phone, well how do you know that.

Best thing ever for lying customers open & close and guess what we fax him the following day with 6 months of open & close times 32 sheets in all i think, loved to of seen his face.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Guest G.J.M
"HI - sorry,speak up I can't hear you over the fire alarm.It won't reset-have you put in the code before resetting?No thats not it,the code is 3 1 2 3 - key it in,the access light comes on then silence and reset."

Guy goes away to try it while I'm on the phone. "It still won't do it?I'd better come out then"...Hour & half travel..."Right thats it reset but I'm gonna set it off and let you reset it while I'm here.Ermmm excuse me,thats the intruder keypad mate.....!!"  banghead

63365[/snapback]

That reminds me of a call i got once when i was on call and working nights.

Customer-hello my intruder system is going off and i cant stop it at the keypad.

Me-that's becuase it sounds like your fire alarm

customer-oh

me-you will have to investigate the zone in fire and see if there is a fire and call the Fire brigade,or if you are unsure in anyway,call them now.

customer-hmmmmmm okay.

on my way home i drove past site as i had a bad feeling,and what do i see but Fire engines outside.The customer silenced the alarm and left becuase he assumed it was a false alarm.

It turned out to be a real fire

got loads of fire related stories :P

Old dunford panels used to have factory setting of 4.a.m for calibration, if any device was out of calibration slightly fault would come up and 'please call engineer' in display. Would wake up security guards and first thing they'd do :blink: yup phone 24 hr number and then insist we come out cos that was their instruction. In the end we used to tell em the cost for coming out will be £400.00 and we need authorisation from director of your company. :whistle:

Bri

trade.gif

• 4 weeks later...
Guest tiggerkev

Christmas Day 1999, Nottingham, a now gone out of business furniture store. Went out at 8am got home 10am Boxing Day,one of many calls on a blustery day.

Anyway electrical store room ( seperate partition ) goes off, store guard calls for a reset. Sorry mate can only the store manager can sanction that, leave it for him to make the call. Two days later get call from manager for print out of alarms. Turns out the guard was caught on CCTV stealing

I heard about a security guard who went to a alarm call out and decided to go and check the loft to see if anyone was there. dumb tw*t locked himself up there after a few hours of not answering is calls the control centre he works from asked another patrol to go and check up on him patrol found his car but not he until he heard faint crys for help!! couple of years later he fell down a man hole and the same rigmaroll again!! :withstupid:

Quote of the day: A good friend will bail you out of jail but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying damn we fcuked up!!!

management treat us like mushrooms!! keep us in the dark and feed us bullsiht!!!

Archived