Security Installer Community

shutting off power

Guest mrcrow

If you have a maintained system the engineer will check that the outdoor sounder will run on battery when the power fails... if it doesnt they will recommend either changing the external battery or just replace the sounder.

In my own house I change the bell box when the old one starts to look old, or stops working, which is on average once every five years.

Dale

If you have a maintained system the engineer will check that the outdoor sounder will run on battery when the power fails... if it doesnt they will recommend either changing the external battery or just replace the sounder.

In my own house I change the bell box when the old one starts to look old, or stops working, which is on average once every five years.

Dale

thanks again..the outside boxes look ok..the bottom bolt looks rusty

the engineer said about 1/2 hour to give it a check over...

when he gets here..

:)

B.S.4737 states that the spur should be unswitched, its also good practice, it might be switched off by mistake etc. If you think this is unlikey to happen then dont bother its your house.

Another note you say the panels in the garage is the garage protected by detectors? if not it is outside the protected area again not to B.S.4737 and is also down to your discresion. :)

Pete

thanks again

i take it the bs is for industry q.a.

i can see no reason not to have it not switched as the mains board is over the other side of the garage and accessible anyway to switch off the alarm...

except that the alarm is jumped off the upstairs lighting mcb and so is not marked 'alarm'

but i am getting round to the good advice of giving it its own mcb at 3A if that is possible...the others are 6A..the lighting that is

and as for the garage that is a good point and i can confirm that the garage door has a magnetic bar and a contact which is an alarm trip

my garage is power opened and one day the postie tried to put a large item in the garage by pulling up the u.a.o.door against the slack in the cable operated gear...the alarm went off and so did he at a lick :lol:

now i use the door locking bars and the turnhandle with key

power opening gear is swiched off and the sliding carrier disengaged...

i am very welcome for these posts

thank you all

ggworrall

somerset.. :)

Archived