Security Installer Community

Zones

Guest HARD WIRED

Guest HARD WIRED

i am prety sure whatr a zone is but can anyone fully explain what a zone is and what detectors ect... can be put into each zone

HARD WIRED B)

A zone is a part of an alarm control panel that 1 device may be connected too. It is best practice to only have 1 device per zone on a panel.

A device may be anything from a magnetic door contact to a PIR sensor or a smoke detector, and the control panel can normally be programmed to accept a multitude of devices for a zone, for example, a zone may be set up for fire or security etc, security would be the setting for a PIR or door contact etc etc.

Zones may also be set up with what we call attributes, for example zone 1 may be a front door contact set to entry, zone 2 may be a PIR in the hall set to inhibit etc etc etc.

A zone is a part of an alarm control panel that 1 device may be connected too.  It is best practice to only have 1 device per zone on a panel.

A device may be anything from a magnetic door contact to a PIR sensor or a smoke detector, and the control panel can normally be programmed to accept a multitude of devices for a zone, for example, a zone may be set up for fire or security etc, security would be the setting for a PIR or door contact etc etc.

Zones may also be set up with what we call attributes, for example zone 1 may be a front door contact set to entry, zone 2 may be a PIR in the hall set to inhibit etc etc etc.

61983[/snapback]

The above is pretty accurate at the point of writing. Of course all of the above goes out the window on 1st October 05, when a zone will of course become an area within a building where many devices may be installed. Sorry if this confuses the issue.

Jef

Customers!

True Jef.

I thought he meant as in the alarm panel kind-a zone.

Pitty really about the new EN regs, as I used to call what you mentioned areas or Wards.

I presume he would be ok with the above advice as far as the panel zones in a house are concerned?

True Jef.

I thought he meant as in the alarm panel kind-a zone.

Pitty really about the new EN regs, as I used to call what you mentioned areas or Wards.

I presume he would be ok with the above advice as far as the panel zones in a house are concerned?

61987[/snapback]

Agreed

Jef

Customers!

Archived