Security Installer Community

resetting panic button query

Guest andypandy

Guest Jontom

A "DOD" can be fitted in any orientation as long as it is secure, also it should be installed so that little or no obvious movement should be required to activate the device - You wouldn't want your customer to have to ask the guy with the shotgun to "wait a minute" while he tries to press the P/A thats been fitted upside down behind the shop counter.....would you? :yes:

Less chance of them getting false activated if buttons point down - yes I know there double push, but even so...

61762[/snapback]

Ive got to disagree, more chance of a small child pressing that lovely red button that they can see tempting them as they look UP at it.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

I would have thought if P/A fitted above or at chest heigh, the buttons are on top.If below waist height the buttons point down,and if installed between these positions then a P/A with buttons on the front face.This allows for operation with natural arm and hand movement :yes:

Gardiner security have spare panic button keys in the catalogue, they are plastic but will do the job.

Archived