Security Installer Community

How do I reset a tamper locked Accenta G3?

Guest Paul

Hi, as usual with newbies to a forum, I have a problem!? :)

Just moved into a new house and tried to set the alarm this morning, however I was typing the wrong number a few times and the alarm ringing.

Finally managed to get the correct number which has turned the alarm off but locked out the panel with the Tamper light fixed on. Now I can't set the alarm, it appears the panel is locked out.

How can I reset the Tamper and get it working again? :(

Just to add a bit to the previous comment. That panel (I've got one) is designed to behave exactly as you see when there is a tamper fault, i.e. it won't do anything much other than let you reset it.

So, you've got a fault somewhere which, as the previous post implies, you'll probably need an engineer to trace and rectify.

Guest Guest

Thanks for the quick reply! :)

I did try Reset but it's still not working. So you reckon there is a fault other than me typing the wrong number a few times?

I'm worried I'll be charged by the landlord for being stupid and typing the wrong number!

Have you got any user instructions?

If not you can download them from ADE's web site www.ade.co.uk

The following is an extract from that:

If you enter the wrong code repeatedly the alarm goes off.

If you then enter the correct code the alarm is silenced, but needs to be reset.

If after pressing reset there are still lights on you have a problem:

If any lights are flashing you need an engineer to reset the system, i.e. it has been set up to require an engineer to do this.

If lights are steady you have a fault, which will also need an engineer.

Guest Guest

i think you're probably right it needs servicing, i noticed that the internal alarm double-bleeps sometimes for no reason, and the alarm can set off even when the correct number is entered to disarm after coming into the house, typing again usually stops it.

of course it helps if i remember the correct code in the first place!

thanks for the help :)

Archived