Security Installer Community

C & K securitech

Guest julescollins

Guest julescollins

juleselspeth@hotmail.com

C & k securitech: securit 800L control panel

when trying to set the alarm at night, the system would normally sound a continous low pitch beep then a chime at the end to indicate that it has set. Instead, it emits a louder sound and will not stop unless the set is cancelled so I can't use the alarm at night. It is setting fine during the day. Could anyone help with this?

Many thanks

Has it even been set at night, it sounds to me like the programming has never be set up for night and the panel is waiting for the final door to be opened and closed to set, best would be to get a engineer to look at it, if you post your location somebody in here might be able to sort it for you.

Try a night set, and open & close the front door it will probally set, so the programming needs altering.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Guest julescollins

thanks for your reply. it worked for a few years on the night setting. only recently has it failed to set. the control panel is in the hall, which is zone 2 and when i try to set it, box 2 lights up and prevents it from setting, even though zone 2 is not supposed to be alarmed at night.

Guest RICHL

You're best option would be to get a company out to look at it, it needs this particular problem sorting out, and a service.

You should also have it serviced annually, so ask about a maintenance contract, although an 8 year old 800L may be passed it.

Guest julescollins

have tried to set alarm this morning to check again if it will part set. i have hidden behind a door where the sensor cant detect me and tried to set it. when i tried that, box 2 on the control panel repeatedly flashed and beeped loudly and wouldnt set. If anyone can help, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Guest RICHL

By box 2 do you mean zone 2? if so then this zone is preventing the system from setting. Did you have any internal doors which need to be closed for the system to set?

As Ive already said, after 8 years with no servicing its on borrowed time anyway.

Archived