Security Installer Community

Whistling A1 bell box

Guest tonyb007

Guest tonyb007

I've recently replaced an existing Omnicron 7000 panel with a Veritas 8 panel after chatting with a few guys on here.

They did recommend a new bell box at the time which I took onboard that I might have to do later but I was just after replacing the panel to get the system back to be able to arm it.

Question is now that I've got the panel installed, the bell box (which is still the old A1 bell box) is now giving out a quiet high-pitched whistling noise. Going through the install tests it seemed to be fine.

Anyone any thoughts on why it's quietly whistling like this? My thought is it's just knackered...but if it's just wiring then...

Or, if I did look for a replacement bell box, thoughts on a cheap replacement (by cheap I mean a decent one but really to just keep the price down rather than a tacky box that'll rot in a bit of light rain).

Thanks

T

I'd stick a new bell box up anyway.

As for whether it's wired incorrectly or not, dunno, is it? Check the terminations both ends and check the cable.

For the box, you may as well just go to the place you got the panel from and see what they've got. Feel free to ask for advice on the specific ones you've got in mind.

Go for a Texecom one there are 4 different designs, they are reliable and wont put a dent in your wallet. There is no point having an alarm with an external sounder that does not work or is unreliable such as an A1 sad excuse for a sounder.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Archived