Security Installer Community

Scantronic 335 detector

Guest bgd

if you connect the eng terminal from the sab to a positive it just disables the tamper on the sab so you can open it up. you have to remove it at the end though or you will get a tamper fault at the panel.

Trade Intruder

Bgd.

No one has stated the obvious.

Full marks for trying but it seems you are very much out of your depth.

The fact that you simply replace a fuse that has blown without checking for a fault first is worrying and could be causing damage to components.

There is 230VAC in that panel and it should be left to the professionals.

The siren will never work unless you connect the panel relay correctly.

9752 should be using FSL, it is a very good panel and using double pole is just going backwards.

You have done the hard part by the sounds of it and now its time to call it a day.

Even if your system was up and running it would not be of much insurance value as it will be classed as a DIY system.

Get out the yellow pages (look for SSAIB/NSI companies) and get some quotes to take the system over.

Or post your location on here and someone will help.

I am guessing you have not called anyone in due to the supposed cost but to be honest it should not cost more than £100 + VAT to rectify the fault and approx £60-£80 for a service contract annually.

You will then be given a certificate of conformity and have the piece of mind that should a fault occur you will be able to call someone out to attend within 4 hours.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Paul

PG Security Systems

Somerset

SSAIB Certificate of Merit Installers.

www.pgsecurity.co.uk

Paul, thanks for your reply and concerns,

The fact that you simply replace a fuse that has blown without checking for a

fault first is worrying and could be causing damage to components.

The fuse was replaced once I disconnected detectors circuits as the fault lays in these.

There is 230VAC in that panel and it should be left to the professionals.

Thanks for your concerns, but don't worry,I am resistant to 230V, been shocked many times before (while younger though, now learned my lessons so try and avoid shocks, consumer unit is conviniently next to the panel though ):whistle:

I tested the siren and it works correctly inc. strobe as well as all internal sounders I installed.

9752 should be using FSL, it is a very good panel and using double pole is just going backwards.

It's only a small domestic install, hence don't see reason why CC is wrong (may change to FSL once I am fully comfortable with the new panel, but don't see the reason why I should), it should be adequate for my needs. Don't need the system monitored really. SD1 dialer will do the job for me.

You have done the hard part by the sounds of it and now its time to call it a day.

Yep, I routed all new 8 core cables under the floor boards and burried them in walls via suitable trunking (not stapled up to skirting boards as most of tel co's would do).I am determinded to complete this myself (with possible help of a few good lads here :) ).The programming side seems to be fairly straight forward although the panel has endless expansion and programming capabilities, not that I require a lot of them though.Once all working and comfortable with the system,I may play with it by using Scanny downloader software and laptop.

Even if your system was up and running it would not be of much insurance value as it will be classed as a DIY system.

Not concerned about this at all.

Get out the yellow pages (look for SSAIB/NSI companies) and get some quotes to take the system over.

Prefer to do it myself and don't need the system to be connected to monitoring centre, rather spend the money on my kids.

Or post your location on here and someone will help.

Guys here have already been more then helpful, thanks to all who replied.

58251[/snapback]

rgds

:)

Spot on Kev

58249[/snapback]

Correct, not monitored by //.National Installer.// though despite their late big adverts in newspapers / tube etc...

Dave,

Here are Bentel TS100 bellbox connections as per the install guide.

+H positive Hold off supply

-H Negative Hold off supply

RTN - Negative tamper return

-R - Negative siren / strobe trigger (if connected to ground the horn and stobe will activate)

ENG - Optional engineer input, if connected to positive , it will prevent automatic activatiopn of siren by tamper and will open the tamper circuit (I gues this is to be used while installing / programming the system to avoid constant siren sounding)

BATT- battery link

ST- if connected to ground only strobe will activate.

I connected the bell to 9752 panel as follows:

+H Positive Hold off supply from bell to 12V AUX on the panel

-H Negative hold off supply from bell to 0V on the panel as well as linked to C1  and C2 as per 9752 wiring diagram.

RTN negative tamper return from bell to TR terminal on the panel

-R negative siren / strobe trigger bell side connected to NO1 output on

the panel side

optional ENG input not connected

Batt linked to bell's dedicated batt terminal

ST - not connected

Did I get anything wrong here?

The bell did not sound even once as yet (however it's new and tested working).

I will try and power up the detectors one at a time as per your advise and let you know the outcome.

Thanks again! :)

57897[/snapback]

I tested the siren and it works correctly inc. strobe as well as all internal sounders I installed.

Yes but have you wired the relay on the panel correctly as you have stated it did not work?

The 9752 has a built in modem, why use a speech dialler?? more expense

You can have the system monitored on keyholder only.

PG Security Systems

Somerset

SSAIB Certificate of Merit Installers.

www.pgsecurity.co.uk

Archived