Guest nicklv

Hi,

I'm new to this, appreciate any advise.

I'm considering of installing a wireless CCTV system, with

4 wireless camera to monitor my house. Since wireless

camera 'broadcast' its images openly on the radio waves,

is this safe ? Can an intruder sniffs or scans the wireless

spectrum and intercepts the images ?

Wireless CCTV for domestic security is okay, there is some reasonable kits on the market.

It correct to think that other people could view your cameras, as thes kits all transmit with the same band. but as their transmitters are low power you would have to be reasonably close to the camera to pick it up, most have a range of about 100m with direct line of site. If you can a wired system would give better performance and long term reliabillity without to much effort.

You also have to think what the cameras a looking at and would they really be of benefit to a thief if they viewed them. In reality they are more likely to break in and steal the recording device and other items from your property. So best to locate your recording device in an obscure place, a hard drive recorder would be best.

Colin.

CCTV Safe do a remote CCTV system suitable for domestic properties which will take up to four cameras.

The cameras would have to be wired but I think this is preferable to wire free anyway as you'll always get better pictures. The images are stored remotely at a secure server eliminating the problem Colin mentioned about placing the recording equipment in an obscure place.

An added bonus is that the small video server unit installed in your house will automatically send pictures to your mobile phone when the cameras detect movement. You can also view the stored images from any PC or lap top on their secure password protected site.

Its priced in the same region as most decent digital recorders for more info have a look at cctv safe

helen

Archived