Security Installer Community

C&G 2381

Guest Bell-man

Guest Bell-man

Has anyone here done the City & Guilds 2381 course/exam?

It's meant to be for experienced electricians but will an experienced alarm fitter find it ok?

I've been doing ULV installations for 20 years but I'm not a sparks. It seems too good to be true that I can do a 2 day course for the C&G2381 and then a 3 day course for the C&G2391 and then enrol with NICEIC.

Guest IM_Alarms

Thats true, but you do need to have done cable calculations before and be very up on the regulations. I found that it was a lot of learning crammed into two days. The way they do the results these days I couldn't tell you if I breezed it or scraped through, but it was a full two days of stuff to learn. I have the paperwork somewhere if you want to know what is included?

Yes mate. Piece of cake. Done mine with technique training.

Id been doing electrics for a few years and decided to get some paper work.

My view on the 2381 is that anyone who does not pass it should sell their kit and retire thats how easy it is, just tick box A B C D. All though when i sat mine there was a couple of lads doing a resit i couldnt belive it.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Did mine at local tech college over 10 or 12 evenings

Quite easy - its mostly a case of being able to find info in 7671.

Quite a few doing resits tho - they said that the exam is a bit tight on time, i.e. they weren't able to finish in time.

Good luck!

Fire Member

Guest darylfrench

just done mine 2381 and then 2391 by your self a regs book and onsite guide you can have a read of the onsite guide but put the regs book to one side dont even look in it yet you will need it for collage

The 2381 is just memorise the reg book and 2391 is a lot harder but do it at your local collage over 3 to 4 days and it is not two bad for the first 2 days you think it is way beyond you but it gets there in the end good luck

Archived