Zone 1 = Entry/exit door contact

Zone 2 = Door contact and PIR

Zone 3 = PIR

Zone 4 = 2 PIRs

Zone 5 = Door contact and PIR

Zone 6 = PIR

Zone 7 = PIR

Zone 8 = FIRE Heat/smoke detectors

I installed the above setup some time ago and it has been trouble free operation since. Wanting to expand the system slightly by adding an additional PIR to Zone 7 and an additional heat/smoke detector to Zone 8, I removed the mains power and added to the system.

On powering back up, all appeared ok. However when i tried to full set the panel, Zones 2 to 8 showed as open. Thus not allowing the alarm to set.

Having checked, checked and re-checked the wiring, I removed the items i had added to return the alarm to it's original state before expansion. The zones 2 to 8 still show as open.

Any ideas?

My only thought is that as Zone 1 is fine (door contact only) and therefore does not need power, maybe there is a fault with power being supplied from the panel to the detectors? I didn't remove the battery when adding to the system could this have blown a fuse?

Many thanks in advance.

I think your right about the fuse. If the 12v power were shorted this would of blown the 12v fuse. Change it and you should be ok.

Dave Oxendale

York based security systems engineer.

Hi,

Thanks for the swift response.

Should i always remove the battery when adding to the panel? I read the destruction book prior to starting work, but it didn't mention removing the battery. I'll give it a go and let you know.

Thanks again.

Jamez79

If your adding to the panel i would consider getting an upgrade maybe a 16 or 24 zone panel as a veritas cant really cope with a major domestic install like yours. The manual does say that you should have one device per zone as well . There is no need to remove the battery just disconnect the 12v at the panel.

Dave Oxendale

York based security systems engineer.

Hi,

I've tried replacing the fuse on the pcb that says battery under it and still no joy. Is there another fuse i should replace?

Could the problem be something else? I'm confused that Zones 2 to 8 are showing as open on full and part set but zone 1 is fine. It has to be a power fault doesn't it?

Thanks in advance.

The battery fuse is for the battery. You're looking for the AUX fuse for the AUX power.

And yes, it does sound like you've blown a fuse to me.

I would also agree with Dave and recommend you upgrade the panel as this one is a tad undersized zone wise.

Hmmmmm, dont mean to throw a spanner in the works. but if the Aux fuse went, how come the other zones that had powered devices on were ok...

As Lurch says, happy ending and it obviously solved the prob, just puzzled me that's all.

Trade Member

Archived