Security Installer Community

security vs electrical

PJF

I find the security side is easier physically, but mentally?, I have seen myself walking out of a job for 10 mins just to sort my head out, I find I can get to a stage where if you asked me a simple question I will struggle on that.

Dont get me wrong 80% of the jobs I do are what I would call bread and butter, But some of the installs I get in my lap are nightmares. 2 years ago I installed a system with the following-

10xfixed cameras

4x ptz

1x incoming adpro from a remote site(10x cameras)

1x32 way dvr

110x circuits on 2x aplex panels with presets for the cctv

8x PAC 2200

1x large teletronic intercom system

All controlled by a PC with software to show maps of the site &

emulation of all the bits of kit I fitted.

Anyway my point is as a sparky, I never would have to get this envolved with any job. Any make of equipment will work with another as long as its the same voltage.

Trying to get four different security products to work together is a pain as the makers will tell you what there bit of kit will do, but adding it on to another make and they dont want to know. The amount of time I come home physically & mentally drained is often.

Thats my bitchin session over, thanks for listerning to me wine on.

So in my opinion its all swings and roundabouts

Its either a headache in security or a blister in electrical

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

I find the security side is easier physically, but mentally?, I have seen myself walking out of a job for 10 mins just to sort my head out, I find I can get to a stage where if you asked me a simple question I will struggle on that.

Dont get me wrong 80% of the jobs I do are what I would call bread and butter, But some of the installs I get in my lap are nightmares. 2 years ago I installed a system with the following-

10xfixed cameras

4x ptz

1x incoming adpro from a remote site(10x cameras)

1x32 way dvr

110x circuits on 2x aplex panels with presets for the cctv

8x PAC 2200

1x large teletronic intercom system

All controlled by a PC with software to show maps of the site &

emulation of all the bits of kit I fitted.

Anyway my point is as a sparky, I never would have to get this envolved with any job. Any make of equipment will work with another as long as its the same voltage.

Trying to get four different security products to work together is a pain as the makers will tell you what there bit of kit will do, but adding it on to another make and they dont want to know. The amount of time I come home physically & mentally drained is often.

Thats my bitchin session over, thanks for listerning to me wine on.

So in my opinion its all swings and roundabouts

Its either a headache in security or a blister in electrical

54496[/snapback]

thats where the experience comes in...no class room can teach that...just keep on keeping it on and you'll get there bro.... :yes:

Archived