Security Installer Community

Pyronix Sterling 10

Guest Sparking_mad

Guest Sparking_mad

Hi guys and girls (got to be PC)lol. My boss has sprung this little gem on me i've got to travel to one of our away workshops and install this panel. At the moment he doesn't want it going through a communicator as the the workshops are sandwiched between two inhabited company owned buildings but that could change when i get there. My problem is this the system will comprise 5 pirs, 2 door contacts, panic button, sounder. All i want the system to do is arm using a code from either door on entry/exit maybe push to set button, allow access to LCD keypad from 2 of the Pir's the rest will be immediate zones may add smoke detectors at later date. In the instruction manual it makes reference to option 1 option 2 option 3 etc etc can anyone help and give me some pointers to what settings i would need for just a basic system that is going to be easy for the end users to understand and for me.

Hi guys and girls (got to be PC)lol. My boss has sprung this little gem on me i've got to travel to one of our away workshops and install this panel.

54473[/snapback]

If you are installing a panel in a business, you want it done properly, and with proper equipment. Sorry, but it does not sound like you know where to start, and the panel you / your boss has chosen is a cheap DIY panel, designed for home use - not a workshop. When it comes to a business, I would NOT recommend cutting corners like this.

Sorry if that is a bit harsh, but it is for your own security in the end.

D7

Hi guys and girls (got to be PC)lol. My boss has sprung this little gem on me i've got to travel to one of our away workshops and install this panel. At the moment he doesn't want it going through a communicator as the the workshops are sandwiched between two inhabited company owned buildings but that could change when i get there. My problem is this the system will comprise 5 pirs, 2 door contacts, panic button, sounder. All i want the system to do is arm using a code from either door on entry/exit maybe push to set button, allow access to LCD keypad from 2 of the Pir's the rest will be immediate zones may add smoke detectors at later date. In the instruction manual it makes reference to option 1 option 2 option 3 etc etc can anyone help and give me some pointers to what settings i would need for just a basic system that is going to be easy for the end users to understand and for me.

54473[/snapback]

You have answered a lot of your own questions there really. The entry/exit doors need to be set up on a timed zone. Any PIRs covering the same area as the RKPs and the entry/exit route to the RKP will need to be set to Inhibited. All other zones should be OK on immediate - just make sure the person doesnt deviate from the entry route to the RKP - or the system will be triggered on full alarm if an immediate zone is tripped before the system is dis-armed.

Set a suitable exit/entry time etc.

I wouldnt mess with push to set or forced set as you havent got a monitored system, as your installing it I presume your not SSAIB or NACOSS - so your insurance co prob wont recognise the fact you have an alarm installed as it wasnt installed by one of the aforementioned.

Most of this is basic stuff, so it should be straightforward to you.

DAVE.

If you are installing a panel in a business, you want it done properly, and with proper equipment.  Sorry, but it does not sound like you know where to start, and the panel you / your boss has chosen is a cheap DIY panel, designed for home use - not a workshop.  When it comes to a business, I would NOT recommend cutting corners like this.

Sorry if that is a bit harsh, but it is for your own security in the end.

54485[/snapback]

* Quoted for agreement.

I realise everyone's got a budget but I would probably walk away from this job if I were you. I can foresee it being more hassle than it's worth in the long run.

I met the R&D manager of pyronix at IFSEC and told him exactly what i thought of the sterling 10. He said it was a bit dated, no turd sherlock. It was never upto date when it was first released.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

You got the right idea, but you need to close the tags too, in the correct order. e.g.

[color=red]Intruder[/color] [color=blue]CCTV[/color]

Produces;

Intruder CCTV

Nice one mate. My original idea didnt look to good so ill stick with this. Just got to sort me avatar out next.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived