Security Installer Community

Connecting two ADT bell boxes

tux

Hi,

I would like to connect two //.National Installer.// bell boxes to my alarm system i think i've worked out what the connections are at the bell box

+h = Supply 12v

-h = Supply 0v

rtn = tamper return

-r = siren trigger

eng = ?

batt = internal battery

st- = strobe trigger?

and on the control panel

T = tamper return

A = supply 0v

D = supply 12v

B = sound trigger

so from control panel to //.National Installer.// bell box T to rtn, A to -h, D to +h, B to -r. That seems to work but how can i add another //.National Installer.// bell box?

cheers

T = tamper return

A = supply 0v

D = supply 12v

B = sound trigger

so from control panel to //.National Installer.// bell box T to rtn, A to -h, D to +h, B to -r. That seems to work but how can i add another //.National Installer.// bell box?

cheers

53779[/snapback]

Almost correct so far! You have left out

S = Strobe trigger. and

D is usually 0V,

A is 12V.

Your easiest and safest way is to duplicate the connections in the control panel to A, D, B, S, and wire up to the other bell. Both bells will ring and flash as required and the first bell will be tampered.

Then, take the tamper return wire from the second bell, and connect it up to trigger a relay (it is always at 0v until tamper), and use the relay outputs to trigger a zone on your panel. Program the zone as 24 hour tamper.

If you don't have a free zone, there are other ways of acheiving what you are trying to do!

Edited for ommisions!

didnt think they needed connecting, thought they were all Dummys :roflmao:

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

Has the second bell the capability of being wired SCB D7? - As we dont know what panel he is connecting the sirens too, some panels, with an already loaded system cant handle two bells on the bell output, as the psu's in some domestics are small.

He may blow his panel if wirring two SAB's to the same o/p on the panel.

Dave.

didnt think they needed connecting, thought they were all Dummys :roflmao:

53784[/snapback]

1 Think to note is the Power Consumption, sounders are usually around 300ma and the strobe around 150ma, if you connect two and your panel only has a 1 amp PSU your going to draw from the battery or maybe blow a fuse... If the load is exceeded, Remember you will have hold off current and detectors etec

Years back We had to put two bells on premises but the PSU like above was only 1 amp, the simple way would be to add another PSU, but the person didnt want to pay, so what we did was on the panel there was a onboard relay, we used this to remove the Hold off to the bells, (in in effect making it act like a SCB) not the perfect solution but that is what the customer wanted....

Dean

Watchdog Security (Manchester)

Has the second bell the capability of being wired SCB D7? - As we dont know what panel he is connecting the sirens too, some panels, with an already loaded system cant handle two bells on the bell output, as the psu's in some domestics are small.

He may blow his panel if wirring two SAB's to the same o/p on the panel.

Dave.

53786[/snapback]

Damn Dave you beat me too it..... Just as i was typing :)

Watchdog Security (Manchester)

Usually at this point I'd recommend you call an engineer out as you sound somewhat inexperienced with alarm installations.

However, I don't think any engineer would fit //.National Installer.// bellboxes for you, especially with them being owned by //.National Installer.//.

On a plus note, you got some good advice above re: connecting up the bells you have. ;) Good luck!

However, I don't think any engineer would fit //.Large National Installer.// bellboxes for you, especially with them being owned by //.Large National Installer.//.

53794[/snapback]

I was going to make this point, but I think we all know this will be the case anyway - thats another debate Stewart LOL

I was going to make this point, but I think we all know this will be the case anyway -

53812[/snapback]

Ah, we all know that. :whistle:;)

I just thought I'd mention it, I don't expect anyone to take any notice but hey, that's life!

However, I don't think any engineer would fit //.National Installer.// bellboxes for you, especially with them being owned by //.National Installer.//.

53794[/snapback]

Ebay special, and some people think because they see the yellow bell boxes every where down the high street that they must be the best alarms going, :unsure:

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Ebay special, and some people think because they see the yellow bell boxes every where down the high street that they must be the best alarms going,
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Archived