Security Installer Community

offering credit facilities

This is something I've often looked into but never really got very far. We would like to offer customers credit, for installations, monitoring etc but would need a suitable credit agency I assume. :blink:

Does anyone else do it and if so, who do you use?

Ta

Andy.

Manufacturer

Guest RICHL

Last time i looked at this (some years) ago you needed a licence if you offer credit over 4 months, and this licence cost about £70 then.

What about offering payment by direct debit?

Last time i looked at this (some years) ago you needed a licence if you offer credit over 4 months, and this licence cost about £70 then.

What about offering payment by direct debit?

46951[/snapback]

Well that could be a solution, but I was under the impression that to offer any sort of credit meant being licensed. Also, ideally it would be to pay for monitoring which would be more useful over 10 months or so I would imagine.

Manufacturer

Leasing companies generally want a lease of £1000 or more, direct debit is a hard one due to you have to be able to stand any returns with the bank, standing order is straight forward to do and setup but you have to be carful the customer does not cancel early.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Guest Peter James

We use Focus Leasing, they provide all the software and backup you need, they do the credit checks and say yes or no fairly quickly.

Comercial and over £1k only

Pete

Archived