Security Installer Community

After an old PTZ controller for a Dennard PT head

Alexg

Hi there,

As topic I'm after an old PTZ controller (preferably with a joystick) to contol a dennard PT head which works on 24v AC and has 5 wires, comon, left, right, up down.

I also need it to control a zoom lense which works on 12v DC

If anyone has one or knows where I can get one I would be very very greatfull.

I'm not after it for free, I am prepared to pay for it.

Many thanks,

Alex.

Guest phillipo
Hi there,

As topic I'm after an old PTZ controller (preferably with a joystick) to contol a dennard PT head which works on 24v AC and has 5 wires, comon, left, right, up down.

I also need it to control a zoom lense which works on 12v DC

If anyone has one or knows where I can get one I would be very very greatfull.

I'm not after it for free, I am prepared to pay for it.

Many thanks,

Alex.

45862[/snapback]

Guest phillipo

Hiya - I am an infiltrator fron the E-bay world. I have a couple of sensormatic/american dynamics AD2088 ptz keyboards with joysticks - if theese are any good to you then mail me on phillip_ogden@yahoo.co.uk. cheers

The kind of controller I need is one that actually outputs 24vAC for each of the movements, I.E right, left.

As ian.cant has pointed out, if its a modern type that outputs a data signal then a telemetry box would be required and I don't need this as I actually have all the cores from the PTZ running back to where I want to place the control unit.

Thanks.

The kind of controller I need is one that actually outputs 24vAC for each of the movements, I.E right, left.

As ian.cant has pointed out, if its a modern type that outputs a data signal then a telemetry box would be required and I don't need this as I actually have all the cores from the PTZ running back to where I want to place the control unit.

Thanks.

46001[/snapback]

Why dont you get yourself off to maplins, buy a few switches, a 24v ac psu plus a box and make one. I dont think you likely to find someone with a spare lying around.

I have already thought of this as a posibility and I will IF I can't find anyone with one, I would prefer to get hold of one as I wan't one with a joystick rather than buttons.

Anoying thing is I chucked a couple of these out when I cleared my workshop out last year.

Hey Alexg,

I may have a couple of hard wired controllers in stock, but I won't be able to check until later this week. I'll let you know what I find before the weekend.

D.J.

Alex,

I've quickly checked my records today, and apart from Joystick switches, components and boxes, I'm also showing at least three possibly four hardwired controllers. That's the good news; the bad news is I'm not around to physically locate the stock until the weekend.

As soon as I've located them, I'll PM you with the details.

cheers for now,

D.J.

Archived