Security Installer Community

Visonic Coral+

Guest marcjacobs

A company I worked for used to use them, then all of a sudden they changed manufacturer, I think they started to hit problems with a new batch thats all I can remember. They were great for long enough then summit changed.

Guest marcjacobs

That´s clear :-) So no Coral+ for me.

I´ve fitted the new Visonic "egg´s" Next Duo pir´s. Horrible for the installer (to small, cheap plastic), but nice for the client, until now (1 year after) no false alarms.

Are there any good PIR´s in the "ultra low price range" such as the Coral+? The Crow DL10 is not bad I think, had one false alarm in one year on a total of 10 PIR´s. Which experiences do you have?

Guest Chewie

I have just fitted some texecom premier compacts. Nice and small aesthetically pleasing and easy to fit. Can't comment on their reliability yet, but I am sure there are other here that can.

Well theres only one passive we use, the Siemens (formally Alarmcom) IR120, superb piece of kit and reasonably priced, false alarms are virtually unheard of,and installer friendly, all connections done on the backplate. Can't give prices out on this section or might get shouted at  :unsure:

45101[/snapback]

Agreed,

IR120 is a good solid detector, although I prefer it's big brother the IR200.

They are great for service replacement because of the back plate wiring as monteey mentioned above.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Guest marcjacobs

........in Holland the Alarmcom IR120 is one of the most expensive PIR´s you could get. For the price of a IR120, I buy a Crow DL-X dualtech, Aritech DD100 or Visonic Duet

Guest marcjacobs

Put "made in Switzerland" on a product and the stupid Dutch people pay double for that product ;-)

I think that´s why Alarmcom (from Switzerland) is so extreme expensive here.

Guest Maciek
........in Holland the Alarmcom IR120 is one of the most expensive PIR´s you could get. For the price of a IR120, I buy a Crow DL-X dualtech, Aritech DD100 or Visonic Duet

45199[/snapback]

I buy a Crow DL-X dualtech??????????????????????????????? :(

You think of MR- 110 or mr-300 this very good and cheap mirror PIR.

Archived