Security Installer Community

optima xm

Guest minky

:) Hi

don't know if anyone can help me, we have recently moved into our home and have Inherited a optima xm system, we have had no problems with it until a couple of days a ago, to cut a long story short, we have a far amount of power cuts in our area and generally this does not upset the alarm but this time when we had one the alarm sounded off twice, once have 30 mins and then again after two hours, (the alarm was unset and in day mode at the time) what i am worried about is if this happens again whilst we are out and upsetting all the neighbors, does anyone know why this may have happened and can i prevent it from happening again.

help appreactiated

minky

It'll be your battery.

If you know how to, replace your back up battery with another 12V 2.1A one.

If you don't know how to, then call an engineer, or if you're brave, just take off the cover and replace it. You will cause the tamper alarm to operate, but if you enter the user number you will silence the alarm. Just press reset once all is back together again

Steve Kendall

Plymstock Security Systems

CCTV, Intruder Alarms, Security Lighting & Access Control

Covering Plymouth, Plymstock, Plympton, South Devon and South East Cornwall

If the system is more than 4-5 years old , then I would replace the battery , possibly with a higher capacity , about £10 from your local alarm supplier.Its easy to do , open the case (alarm will trigger,enter your code)replace battery (big heavy thing in bottom of panel with 2 spade connecters), reset.Or just have it serviced (about £40 ).If the engineer does a good job , you have someone to call in future. :)

Archived