Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9800+

Guest ascruton

Guest ascruton

This is a query, as opposed to a fix - cos I have had to get a professional to fit a new battery (old one was 7 yrs old :P )

2 nights ago the internal sounder went off - so I ran down stairs to key in the user code. All was well. 10 seconds later the sounder goes off again... and again.... and again...... :no: Each time the keypad panel stated bF. all was well for about another hour then it all started again... on/off/on/off etc. this time it was reading Lb. As the new owner of the house, and mechanically brain dead, I have absolutely no idea how the system works. However there is a power switch just above the control box (in the airing cupboard) so i turned it off and ran downstairs to key in the code. Finally the service light and the fault light stayed on and peace was resumed (I assume because the battery was so low to set the internal sounder off).

Anyway, my query is:

Why the hell did the alarm keep going off after the user code was inputted. Surly that should have shut it up until the fault was fixed. (this is was the engineer thought anyway :whistle: )

Secondly, ofcourse I understand that the alarm should be tamper proof, but can you turn the internal sounder volume down/off for faults??

Any Ideas welcome - because the engineer said the system is old and he wasn't up to speed on this model.

Sorry for the ramble on my first post - must be sleep deprivation :cry:

Ade

The 9800 has a battery test which checks if there is a problem every few seconds/minutes if you put your customer no' in you are confirming that you know about the fault,if in a few more secs it see,s the fault it will insist on telling you again which you confirm with your cust no' and so on and so forth you cannot overide this without the engineering code,that is why its so important to have the system checked every year the main cause of an annoying fault is the battery it may last 10minutes or 10 yrs(it should be changed every 5yrs any way) theres no way to tell but a commercial grade panel such as the 9800 will detect a battery problem which some panels will not see untill the whole system has dropped off its perch.

You cannot overide the alert tone because if it was that easy a bad person could do it as well. hope thats been of help. Paul :yes:

Guest ascruton

Many Thanks guys

It seems I was just unlucky that the battery depleted at 2 in the morning and not 2 in the afternoon

I have a couple of other points if you would be so kind,

Is a

Is your 9800 RKP is the old one with the CLEAR and OMIT buttons in the bottom left / right corners and the crapy flap that breaks off ????...

If so you could fit a new type 9800 rkp a much the same as the 9651 rkp but still twin 7 segment led display.

To get the lcd display you would need th upgrade the panel and the rkp but its not that big of a job.

I would strongley recomend you get a maintenance contract on your system or you will get the dredded bF in the middle of the night when this battery discharges.

Archived