Security Installer Community

STANDARDS DOCUMENT

secboy

Hmm

It may sound a bit daft but thats what I specilize in .

I work for the main client and the alarm companys go via me takes alll the grey areas out of the deal

I also tend to issure a drawing so that all the compnys are quoteing from the same angle you'd be surprised how many times I've had two diffrent quotes for one building .. one company offers a door contact ,pir and a veritas the next ones qoutes a 20 contacts 10 pirs and a menvier 2500

42161[/snapback]

Thats your post box full then! :whistle:

Jef

Customers!

I dont see why you should think thats daft?

It sounds like what you do is very similar to how I and my collegue work for our client,but an interesting point is that if you are acting as middle man and project manager for your customers security work do you inspect on completion of the work to ensure compliance with the security regs as well as iee wiring regs and any possible customer "best practice " requirements or does he have his own signing off/compliance team?.

A few years ago when i worked on ********** stores their own compliance team would inspect the system even to the point of getting up in the false ceilings to check that containment was to regs and continuous,they would also check the correct function of every aspect of the system(FIRE DOOR OPENING /PA RESPONSE/INTERNAL SPEACH UNITS).

The problem we are finding is that the industry tends to use generalisations(reg no's only) when discribing to the customer what standards the work will be carried out to so unless he has these regs infront of him in a workable format he can't check the work for compliance himself very easily, this is the document we are trying to build ,not to make the contractors life difficult but to allow the customer to check that what they have been given is what they were promissed for the price!!!!!!, Any thoughts? :huh:

Guest securityconsultant

Fully inspect the final install and sign of nice little report and cert back to the install company to boot

Drawings made up handed to customer and security company as well as a full system test prior to handover

stops any install / client rowes and makes sure its in the best intrest of everyone

Service also includes site inspection during install

snagg at the end of first and secound fixes

ill even do nsi pre inspection visits if asked

not to mention i tend to get involed with the type of jobs that run close to the nsi rule book and have to sort out all the ghrey areas

its fun and it keeps me busy

Fiding myself in the more and more doing 3rd party viusits when theres a problem between client and nstall company you know an impartial role that tends to get things sorted with the minimalof fuss for both ends

And yes I do go above false ceilings and even get the odd JB opened to make sure all is as it should be :wacko:

All sounds good to me Mr consultant but it sounds like you are doing the inspections using a mixture of standards/regs knowledge and experiance within the industry which of course is exactly what nearly everyone else is doing! but what if you had to give someone a checklist type document similar to how the armed services operate where some one without that indepth knowledge which you have is given the task of carrying out the inspection? From what i have found there is no document/s which would help you to acheive this or do you know something which i have not discovered yet?regards Paul :blink:

Archived