Security Installer Community

Quotes

Lectrician

Not sure if this is allowed on this site....

How much, roughly, to install a Panasonic 206e (readily available to even DIY'ers I beleive), with 4 extensions. 3 system phones, bottom of range, and 1 with display.

Cables where already installed (I put them in, but had connected them all to PSTN ready for a PBX).

I didn't get the job to install the PBX as I was too busy, but was shocked at the price I saw on the invoice from the other company!! I have just attended the site to connect a second line, as BT couldn't install the second line until after the other company had left.

Email : martin@askthetrades.co.uk

As Luch said i would quote on seeing the job, depends if they want all the features programmed up, professional recording on the DISA/Auto Attendant card etc but my prices would be around below if south-east customer:

KT-T206e CCU at £275

1 x KX-T7730 Display keyphone at £140

3 x KX-T7750 keyphones at £270

Install-Commisioning around £150-200 (inc 1-year maintenance)

Wiring Charge about £25-50 if all cables run and in place, just needing DDK connectors for system and sockets connected.

This is rough estimate though without seeing the job, I also would have popped back for free and enabled the 2nd line if Bt were late supplying it - but this would only be for in-house work, not if doing trade engineering for another firm.

I am always interested in charges, what did the other firm charge, cannot see anyone charging more than £300 for KX-T206 install/Commisioning.

Simon

ToneTel Telecom

www.tonetel.co.uk

I don't know the break down, but the total was £1,3*****ish.

Steep?!?  The bloke was there for a part day only!  No maintenance contract!

39946[/snapback]

Very steep !, sounds like big company prices, but still steep as the bigger companies normally get better trade price on the kit. They probably have a fixed price of £40-50 per point whether its a 30m run or just wiring a socket to a pre-wired cable. Still after the sale of kit, look like the installation charge was over £600 - this is a rip-off.

For £1300 I could have supplied and installed a BT Pathway 818 (as 2+6) with 4 handsfree featurephones including years maintenance and if prewired cables, could have maybe saved them a hundred or 2 hundred kit !

Still good that companies like this in the game, as you don't even have to try to beat their prices !!

Regards

Simon

ToneTel Telecom

www.tonetel.co.uk

Archived