Security Installer Community

My first House

Guest superengineer

I would have a go at doing it myself, however, i have no previous electrical knowledge or desire to electricute myself.

39672[/snapback]

An alarm isn't an electrical thing. Your BIL has as much idea about installing this alarm as you do. Just because it's got wires doesn't make it the same thing.

Plus i am bigger than him and he knows what will happen if he mucks up my new house.

39672[/snapback]

An excellent motivator, but not as good as tea and cake.

No offence and please do not take this personnaly. ;)

obviously you yourself have no experience or knowledge of alarm systems

your brother in law may be an electrician but an alarm system is a totaly different kettle of fish to electrics

like you said he has never fitted an alarm system before, my best advice to you would be to get it fitted proffesionaly i know this may not fit your budget but its the best way.

most installers give a one year warrenty on the system for parts and labour and will fit the system for your requirements and needs giving the best protection possiable to your property :)

regards

Glen

Guest superengineer

Thanks very much for all your input.

After deliberating what i have found out from you guys, im going to get some quotes when we move in.

I want a reliable system, that works, and i think the only way that i can be sure to achieve this is by getting it fitted professionaly.

Peter, im not to far from you, RH14, so i will definatly call your company for a quote.

Many thanks for your valuble information.

Mark

PS.

Kitchen at the front eh? is a new newish build by any chance, with chip board floors upstairs?

Yes it is a new build and yes it has got chipboard floors. :yes:

I know its going of this topic, but went to a house the other day they want 4 pirs and 2 contacts all for about £200, not a chance but in the front room a nice plasma TV, video and dvd, probaly about £5k worth of kit and then wanted a cheap system to protect it.

Why dont people think professioanl alarm before plasma TV

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

In the grand scheme of things, £1000 for a totally OTT domestic system isn't really a lot when you think of what it's protecting, i.e. £100k house, 2 sets of car keys - circa £10k the pair or more, all the family belongings and most of all - your sense of loss and depression when it all goes.

very true Luch, but you try telling them that.

If I had a pound for every time Id heard the expression "bolting the stable door after the horse ....." .

Archived