Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9600

Guest h.s.ouwehand

Guest h.s.ouwehand

Hello,

Scantronic 9600: The loudspeaker output volume is very low. Is it possible to control the volume of the loudspeaker (entry/exit tones

and alarms) ? If yes, where? The pot on the pcb is a voltage regulator?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards, Bas

Is the Speaker connected to the main panel or a keypad, if its the keypad then it wont have the current required to drive a speaker (this output is normally used to drive piezo type sounders), so connect it to the sounder terminals inside the panel.

There is NO speaker volume adjustment available, if you speaker was louder but is now getting quieter, then i would suggest changing it for another 8 or 16 Ohm speaker (an 8 Ohm speaker would be louder).

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest h.s.ouwehand

Thanks for the answer. The speakers volume is extremely low. I connected the same speaker to a Scantronic 9452 (up to 2 speakers 16 Ohm each) and there was no problem. PCB damaged....?

I now use a 6-zone (not expandable) Alarmcom/Caddex panel (in the Netherlands delivered by Lobeco, then called MikroS ACP). Since the 9600 can be expanded but the speaker output may be damaged now (see above!), I was thinking about putting both systems together (the ACP has a buildin modem/dialer). Would it be possible to connect an output of the 9600 to an input of the ACP? 9600 doesn't use resistors and the ACP is programmed to use one (EOL). A zone on the ACP can be programmed as 24 hour.

Would expansion cards be second hand available?

Thanks again for any comment.

Regards,

Bas

Guest chriswatson

The 9600 speaker output is ONLY alarm siren at a set volume.

If you want to increase the entry / exit tone you need to run a buzzer from the keypad output , or one of the programmable outputs on the main PCB.

If it is internal alarm siren your trying to get out the speaker, and the speaker terminal on the PCB is faulty, you could just wire an internal sounder to the bell output.

Chris.

Guest h.s.ouwehand

Pete: thanks.

Chris, thanks for this information. I didn't know about this small function of the internal speaker at the 9600. Most other (more modern?) systems use the speaker to generate a usefull alarmsound, like a siren, e.g. the speaker on the 9452 (yes: also not very new ...)

Bas

Archived